Whats in your bag

A live chicken, a weed eater and some peach preserves!!

Finally, a useful answer! :rofl:

---

By the way, I always wondered about those "behind enemy lines" kits referenced above - was there a genuine concern about pilots, shot down, saying, "...well, as long as I'm here, I may as well get me some a that..."?

Pete Z is the only one to include matches. Making fire is often crucial to survival. I carry a magnesium & flint fire starting bar with my Leatherman as well as the usual items listed by others. I am armed (.38) but it is two legged pole cats, not wildlife that worries me. Dave

I don't have one but I seen people use them. They have airport diagrams, frequencys, and charts. Also you can write down stuff.

What I don't understand is why use them when you have a glass cockpit. I seen plenty of people flying with them while having a G1000, G1000 has all the stuff you need so why would you use the ipad?

Spoken like a man who has never had an electrical failure.
Besides, the G1000 doesnt have a current copy of the FAR/AIM, and you know the aircraft cant fly without the regs, right?

Im with the guy carrying the .45 and the nylons, gotta be ready for the zombie apocalypse when your on the road.

In the co-pilots seat -
Kelty redwing 50
Two cans tuna, jar of peanut butter and dried fruit
Keys, charging cables, sunglass case and spare lenses. Earbuds
First aid kit, toiletries kit, survial kit, change of clothes, ipad, goal zero solar charger,
Bose headset n bag with licenses gate cards, secret book of gate codes and vending machine locations
Flashlights, spare batteries, emergency change n cash, pens, highlighter, baby wipes hand sanitizer
120 ounce water bladder, ruger mkiii and 100 rds hunting ammo.
Coat, gloves, hat
Breathmints and chewing gum,
Handheld radio - ditched the gps for the ipad or iphone, i heard some guys can actually navigate by looking out the window but i think thats just crazy talk......

On me -

Ruger lcp, iphone, credit card holder and leatherman wave
Got the handgun safe bolted in the plane for those brief forays into Kommiefornia.

The bag is full of modular sub bags and can be broken down as needed. 35 pounds.
I am pretty sure where and when im going but getting back can be a whole other deal.

Sent from my iPad

In the bag:
San Francisco and LA sectionals
San Francisco TAC
L-3 Low altitude chart
Approach charts for whatever airports I am going to (actually carried in my Flyboys kneeboard, along with the checklist)
A/FD
Flight Guide
Pelican green mini-flashlight - the one with a 90-degree bend that I clip to the shoulder belt
Coleman AAA LED light with green, red and white lights
A couple spare pens
Barf bag for passengers (hopefully not for me)
Bottle of water
Couple pieces of fruit
Some kind of protein bar - been in there for at least a couple of years, might come in handy in a jungle landing to bribe the Horvidos tribe for one of their blowguns
Kleenex
Icom handheld and headset adapter
E6B (used twice - private pilot and instrument written tests)
Some "Pilot's rules of thumb" booklet
Blank flight logs
Serengeti Aviators, close to 20 years old. About time for a new pair as they are just now getting some scratches that are annoying. If I'm going to spend that kind of money for sunglasses, they will be well cared for.

Since we have a hanger, the headset(s) and GPS don't need to go into the flight bag.

Back