What twin to buy?

Bill Jennings said:
I forget what he told me his fuel burn was, but it was scary :hairraise:

In cruise it was "only" 40-45 GPH. Figure about double that on takeoff.

Bill Jennings said:
I forget what he told me his fuel burn was, but it was scary :hairraise:

On t/o, it's about 30 gal/side; at cruise, I seem to recall something just short of 20gal/hr. Not really a speed burner, but can haul quite a bit, and room to walk around if needed.

Been 30+ years since I sat up front in one....If cost is a major consideration, they are probably a show stopper. Nice big round engines though.:yes:

I think that Aztec mandates a trip to south Florida (or the Bahamas) for further investigation!

---

Off to TLH Saturday morning, know it's not close, but if you get up that way before Wednesday... or PNS or PFN (not yet settled) Wednesday through Saturday, a.m., holler! Hoping for fair skies Saturday, and ,looking forward to seeing Mike (and scamming a Maule ride).

You can meet my 99-year-old grandmother-in-law.

Ken Ibold said:
Thanks for looking out for me, Spike!

The wife says "NO!!" to two airplanes, so reluctantly I listed the Pitts for sale, though I'm not really in a hurry to sell it. What I get for it will largely determine what I'll pay for the new one.

You might start thinking of a partnership (or two). If you and another pilot co-owned both planes you'd technically only have one total airplane (1/2+1/2=1), yet you'd still get to fly both as often as you wanted.

lancefisher said:
You might start thinking of a partnership (or two). If you and another pilot co-owned both planes you'd technically only have one total airplane (1/2+1/2=1), yet you'd still get to fly both as often as you wanted.

I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger on a plane now (I'm ready), or waiting another year. A guy I fly with often wants to partner up, but he will not be ready to buy for another year. So, I could get something now, or wait a year and partner with Brent, and likely buy a M20J 201 or similar fast travel plane.

Then, the chance exists for me to pick up a simple vfr no gyro Citabria or similar on the side for my trips into grass fields, gentlemans aero, etc.

I'll probably just suck it up, deal with the club for another year, and partner. It just makes more sense.

lancefisher said:
Lance, I would LOVE to do this. Unfortunately, my attempts to locate same have proven fruitless so far.

Ken:

There's an ad for a Turbo Travelair in ABS this month. Don't know anything about it, but wanted to pass this along:

N95Y 4300 hours engines 50/1700 no damage, full King panel, recent props. paint and interior. Baron mods. Clean logs. July annual, specs and pics or request. $105,000. Lost medical. Lawrence Rayner, 10 yr. owner. 262.245.5523 or sieralimaAT charter.net

Best,

Dave

SCCutler said:
OK, I know it won't climb away on a warm day at full gross, but everytime I see one of these (at least, a nice one), I think of Gordon Baxter and the fresh new one he bought, and never got to fly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Piper-Geronimo-Apache_W0QQitemZ330019277884QQihZ014QQcategoryZ63678QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a darned nice airplane, make a nice pet for someone, I reckon.
BUY IT NOW! $65,000.

The poor guy just sunk $80,000 in it.

Looks like a deal.

mikea said:
BUY IT NOW! $65,000.

The poor guy just sunk $80,000 in it.

Looks like a deal.

Only if you want to pay less than the guy who sunk way too much money into it. It's nice, for an Apache, that's for sure. But, it's still very slow for the fuel burn. It'd make a decent multi time builder, but I'd rather have a Twin Comanche for an extra $3,000.

Back