What to wear?

Here I am post successful checkride... boardshorts and a soccer tshirt... :dunno:

Attachments

• P5190245.JPG
    P5190245.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
An old rule, that pre-dates my military and goes all the way back to my Civil Air Patrol days as a cadet.
"When you fly, dress as if you will have to walk home."
It was good advice. I''ve had to "walk home" on three or four occasions over the years.

Glenn

So, I have the oral portion of the checkride tomorrow (almost certainly not the practical due to weather), and I'm not sure what to wear--the CFI said something "appropriate"--would you guys suggest khakis and collared shirt w/sweater or a tie and button up? Or something else?

Everybody is giving you a hard time right now for asking this question but I know for a fact that every single one of us was worrying about stuff like this the day before our checkrides. Go get 'em tiger.

If you're a hot looking woman, it may work in your favor. Of course, your examiner could be a woman, too. :lol:

I (un)fortunately do not have that advantage. And, I don't think I'll be able to change that in time for the exam (nor would I want to)! :wonderwoman:

Everybody is giving you a hard time right now for asking this question but I know for a fact that every single one of us was worrying about stuff like this the day before our checkrides. Go get 'em tiger.

Thanks! and nah, they're not giving me a hard time--I enjoy this type of banter on the forum. I thought it was really odd when the CFI told me to dress nicely--and you guys seem to confirm that suspicion--and the DPE really didn't get the memo about dress-up! :no:
Anyway, hopefully the weather will hold for Sunday and there won't be snow over all the taxiways. Would love to go home with my license and take my parents for a spin--even though they'll be saying their prayers and I'll be having all the fun :yes:

I know for a fact that I didn't give a crap what I wore, I was only worried about the examiner showing up

So, I have the oral portion of the checkride tomorrow (almost certainly not the practical due to weather), and I'm not sure what to wear--the CFI said something "appropriate"--would you guys suggest khakis and collared shirt w/sweater or a tie and button up? Or something else?

Unless you are at one of those schools that require uniforms.

Back