What to get to replace old avionics?

Personally, I'd prefer having at least 1 single box GPS/NAV/COM like the 650. I like the consistency of using the same interface and indicator (whatever that is - CDI/HSI/Laser Ring) when I'm in the soup. If that isn't an option, and you are happy to continue using an orange radio for your ILS approaches, then the 375 is definitely the way to go here.

Plus, if you install G5s at some point, they can currently only accept inputs from one NAV unit, so having GPS/NAV in one unit has you covered for any approach or enroute mode. I plan on keeping one GPS/NAV/COM in my plane, and a secondary NAV/COM for backup/convenience.

Plus, if you install G5s at some point, they can currently only accept inputs from one NAV unit, so having GPS/NAV in one unit has you covered for any approach or enroute mode. I plan on keeping one GPS/NAV/COM in my plane, and a secondary NAV/COM for backup/convenience.

That's only the case if you are interfacing to a 3rd party autopilot. If you have no autopilot, or a Garmin autopilot, the STC now allows interfacing with 2 nav sources. That was added in R19 of the install manual (July 2019).

Back