What to do when your safely pilot suggests you get a commercial rating?

You have to give us some more background. What would be wrong with a safety pilot making that suggestion during instrument training? There are a few advantages to the commercial rating - lower insurance premiums, being a better pilot, path to CFI rating, perhaps being paid to fly... Why do you say you agree with those who label him?

It’s the next level up, why not?

So you can fly in the hookers and blow for the parties he arranges and y’all can split the profits? Just speculation. ;)

I suggest every Private Pilot work towards a Commercial cert. Why not? Japanese concept of kaizen, continuous improvement, is something I try to live by. Does that make me a Richard?

Maybe the pilot flying was ATP or CFI and the safety pilot didn’t know it :biggrin:

There has to be a little more context behind this for any of us to give an opinion. What brought this statement about?

I was once told by someone I was being a safety pilot for that I should get a CFII, and it was meant as a compliment. That same person has also recommended me to a few others as a safety pilot.

He was suggesting that you're lousy at your real job, perhaps? No idea, just guessing.

Back