What to do when you need AGS type glass fuses?

Gary Ward

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Challenger1
Is there any source for them?
What is best? Replace fuse holder, use a AGC type fuse in a older AGS fuse holder or?
TIA

Is there any source for them?
McFarlane and Univair had some AGS. And a number of commercial electrical supply companies carry them. But they're not cheap anymore. Also look for 4AG and ABS (ceramic) fuses as they are an alternate. If you're going to replace a fuse holder install a circuit instead.

McFarlane and Univair had some AGS. And a number of commercial electrical supply companies carry them. But they're not cheap anymore. Also look for 4AG and ABS (ceramic) fuses as they are an alternate. If you're going to replace a fuse holder install a circuit instead.
Thanks,
It appears Spruce does not have anymore AGS fuses? Univair does list a 1 amp and a 3 amp but no 5 amps. Then the shipping is high. I may order anyway from Univair if there no other options. I did find one electrical supplier who list some, I will try to call them both to see what is available. Thanks

Last edited:
.22 cartridges will fit nicely, and they come in several sizes.:cool:

Do you have the amp ratings on .22 short, long, lr, and magnum. I bet it's enough to let the wire melt before it fuses.

use a AGC type fuse in a older AGS fuse holder?
Not recommended. AGC is 1/4" diameter while AGS is 9/32". The AGC in the larger holder may heat up due to poor contact and blow even though there is no circuit fault.

Do you need slow blow, or fast acting? This place seems to only have the 5 amp AGS in the slow blow type.

I bought some(about 80) 15 amp slo blo fuses for 150 flap motor. May work in a 172 also. I could part with a box or 2.

Back