What to do to combat isolation boredom...

Chinese dash cam videos. They're even better than the Russian ones.

Rich

And most folks are not even wearing the gloves correctly.

To be effective the gloves must be changed. I mentioned that to a Walmart cashier that the gloves are useless for stopping the spread of contamination unless she changes the gloves between customers. Otherwise any contamination just keeps being spread from one customer to another. Think dentist/doctor. Do they use only one pair of gloves a day, or do they change gloves when changing patients?

LOL yeah. My nurse wife is having mild conniptions every day over the gloves. Well was... until she decided it’s a lost cause. Most folk are just wasting PPE.

She’s really ****ed about people dropping them in parking lots. Not so much as a health hazard, just because it has highlighted what morons are out there littering. Apparently they’re all scared of trash cans. Technically correct but

Although really the all day gloves thing for the poor checkers might mean they strip off the worst of it before picking their noses in the break room, maybe. LOL.

But then if they put the same gloves back on... hahaha.

Most people are going to catch / be exposed to this thing from their trash guy or gal or Amazon deliveries if not at the stores.

And most folks are not even wearing the gloves correctly.

To be effective the gloves must be changed. I mentioned that to a Walmart cashier that the gloves are useless for stopping the spread of contamination unless she changes the gloves between customers. Otherwise any contamination just keeps being spread from one customer to another. Think dentist/doctor. Do they use only one pair of gloves a day, or do they change gloves when changing patients?
Many cashiers used gloves long before the current issues. It's not transferring the virus, but keeping their hands relatively cleaner from hours and hours of handling the crud on paper and coins. If you've got a black or UV light, take a look at your paper currency.

From what I've read, a lot of commenters are crying 'no fair' on the speed run. I'll recuse myself from that discussion.

For food, I slow-roasted a small rib roast yesterday while it was still 70F here, and have been enjoying it today while it's been snowing all day.

Regarding the excellent model-building work by SoCal RV Flyer, I humbly offer this:

Enjoyed your video!! It certainly is lots of work notching all the formers. I'm spoiled with the laser-cut parts on the DR.I, but they do require sanding as the otherwise the laser burn marks show through the tissue. We used to call the old kits "die-crunch" instead of "die-cut" as the balsa gets mashed sometimes, as you well know!

I don't want to hear about all the losers with gender studies degrees who now claim they are saving everyone's lives by living in their Mom's basement...

Many cashiers used gloves long before the current issues. It's not transferring the virus, but keeping their hands relatively cleaner from hours and hours of handling the crud on paper and coins. If you've got a black or UV light, take a look at your paper currency.

Funny thing is, the virus lives a few more days on a credit card than paper... :)

At least that’s the current story anyway.

Back