What to do ? shady employment

Original poster here -

So I'm finally about to make the change to the new employer, he just didn't need me until the busy season.

Lots of good advice in this thread, it is much appreciated.

I was able to avoid doing any maintenance work while I was there and technically I was hired as a pilot so that wasn't too difficult. Being a little green I was nervous about his maintenance history and I now believe it was not quite as bad as I thought it may be.

His business practices did land me in some hot water with the local authorities (nothing FAA related). As someone figured, my friend getting me the job was kind of the hold up on making the decision to leave as well as the need to feed my family plus the aforementioned lack of a place to go straight away.

Last, I do still struggle with whether or not to say something to someone. It is not out of spite that I want to say something - just that it isn't right and I really don't have the experience to make the call on whether or not 6 months down the road someone could be hurt or not.

Thanks again all

- then after you leave and are "just in the neighborhood", have a casual conversation and bring up the issues. Judge by the response you get your next action.

Just leave and go next door. You are not under oath to report things, but if you stay, eventually your signature will be somewhere that gets you a ration of crap.

+1… nothing to be gained by reporting this, unless it really does create a danger for other people. Just leave. After you're gone, maybe talk to your friend about your concerns...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back