What to do for a month??

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
On my 5.5 hour flight from NJ (KCDW) to GA(9A1) last Friday night I "lost" to various places 2 quarts of oil. That's 33% of the starting amount and double the loss during a similar duration flight just a few days earlier. That was enough to scream "rebuild me" to me even though it's only been 1557 hrs SMOH. So the engine's already out of the plane and on a pallet.

I've chosen our very own Charlie Melot's Zephyr Aircraft Engines to do the work. The quote was for a 4 to 5 week turn time (The low end of that would be greatly preferred Charlie :D ).

Now what do I do for a month? I had scheduled to fly to Columbus, MS to do the physiological training (altitude chamber) and Sun n Fun, but :no: . So what's a grounded pilot to do?

If financially feasable, rent. Fly something you normally wouldn't fly like a twin, perhaps get a seaplane, glider or helicopter license.

Len

Lance F said:
Now what do I do for a month? I had scheduled to fly to Columbus, MS to do the physiological training (altitude chamber) and Sun n Fun, but :no: . So what's a grounded pilot to do?
Learn to fly a helicopter, of course :yes:

:heli:

Back