Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
My MacBook Pro has disappeared! Last report from FedEx was:

Sep 15, 2007 6:36 AM

Departed FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA

No updates since then. :hairraise:

Which one of you hijacked my shipment!

I'm wondering if the service chose affects the amount of tracking you get... this shipment is listed as:

Service type
Ground-Indirect Signature Required-Domestic

Any ideas?

Ground shipments can take a week to ten days to make it across the country. When I ordered aviation radios, they came from Spokane. Three-day shipments made it in three days. Ground shipments were said to average eight days. I'd watch and see them even sit in one hub for an entire weekend. You get them when guaranteed... and no sooner!

Ground shipments were said to average eight days. I'd watch and see them even sit in one hub for an entire weekend.

Yeah, but MacOS is faster than Vista, so you can cut a few days off for a Mac.

Rich

Ground shipments can take a week to ten days to make it across the country. When I ordered aviation radios, they came from Spokane. Three-day shipments made it in three days. Ground shipments were said to average eight days. I'd watch and see them even sit in one hub for an entire weekend. You get them when guaranteed... and no sooner!

The only thing that throws me off is that it says "Departed", meaning it at least was scanned to be put on a particular truck that was leaving the facility, right?

It left CA on the 15th give it a day or two and the truck will roll into a place where it will be scanned again and then routed to you. Why in the world did you ground ship it from CA to the east coast?

The only thing that throws me off is that it says "Departed", meaning it at least was scanned to be put on a particular truck that was leaving the facility, right?
It could have been placed on a truck on Friday and it's still in the yard to roll out on Monday. My guess is you'll see another scan of it before today is over.

When is the estimated time of arrival?

It left CA on the 15th give it a day or two and the truck will roll into a place where it will be scanned again and then routed to you. Why in the world did you ground ship it from CA to the east coast?

Not my choice. University Procurement ordered it and ignored the expedited request I had placed with it. Luckily I'm in training for til Thursday and that's the expected delivery date.

It could have been placed on a truck on Friday and it's still in the yard to roll out on Monday. My guess is you'll see another scan of it before today is over.

When is the estimated time of arrival?

Thursday, Sept. 20.

Several days enroute without an update is common on UPS. They've likely loaded it on a direct truck to your regional sorting center. From the left coast, that's a 3-4 day trip. It won't be scanned again (or the site updated) until it reaches the next sorting center.

I had a guitar go missing on me for over a month once in the exact same situation, it was scanned out and then never scanned back in until a month later, in Maine.

When I got my Mac Mini and MacBook Pro, they were custom builds and arrived in 24-48 hours...from China! Air freight is amazing. It also helps I guess that in China their day shift is our overnight. I should check. It's possible they built my Macs the same day that I got them. :D

The closest problem I've had is charts go missing via two-day air from a pilot shop in Arizona. I got them five days later... in Georgia... by way of Boston.

The closest problem I've had is charts go missing via two-day air from a pilot shop in Arizona. I got them five days later... in Georgia... by way of Boston.

Reminds me of how FPO used to route mail... Long Island to Governor's Island (that little island between Manhattan and Brooklyn) by way of Virginia.

Rich

Wish I had the tracking information. It would be interesting to see the routing on UPS for the didgeridoo we bought Saturday and are having shipped home. Should be there any day now.

Finally got an update tonight:

Sep 19, 2007
11:05 PM
Departed FedEx location
ELLENWOOD, GA

3:25 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ELLENWOOD, GA

Sep 15, 2007
6:36 AM
Departed FedEx location
BLOOMINGTON, CA

If all goes as it should, I'll have it by mid afternoon tomorrah. *drools*

Weird... they brought it all the way down here first? That would be the OLD RPS location down there. I used to pick up "stragglers" from there and take them to Delta DASH.

Weird... they brought it all the way down here first? That would be the OLD RPS location down there. I used to pick up "stragglers" from there and take them to Delta DASH.

*shrug* From there it went to Greenville, and now it's on a truck for delivery.

:goofy::goofy::goofy:

This xkcd comic seems relevant.

online_package_tracking.png

How true indeed.

Now for some blasphemy...

4vd2pu9.jpg

Or for the ultimate irony.....run vi on your Mac:D

Well it is actually vim that comes with the os

Pete

Back