What is your favorite beer?

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I have to go with Belgian beers in general (although some German Weissbiers really hit the spot) but in particular Westvleteren.

I also like a good Belgian cherry lambic - dryer is better but sweet has its place too.

Of "mass-produced" beers (a relative term, I admit), I am most fond of Shiner Bock, which is a very tasty bottle, indeed. Not mass-produced by Bud standards, of course.

sleeman-honey-lager.jpg

http://www.sleeman.ca/en/honey-brown-lager

Downtown Brown is the best beer ever (Lost Coast Brewing Company, makers of famous "Great White" beer), but a lot of Lagunitas beers are excellent. Russian River Brewing Company in Santa Rosa has wonderful beers made on site too.

Edit: Kona has some limited editions that are also wonderful.

And of course if you are made of money, nothing beats Chimay.

Every beer I had in Belgium was way, way better than any beer I've had anywhere else.

I am fortunate to live pretty close to a great microbrewery, Victory. I like their Festbeir which is Marsen style, and the Storm King Stout, but all their beers are great.

http://victorybeer.com/

For a beer you can find lots of places, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is darn good. I do miss New Belgium in Fort Collins, CO. You can't get that stuff here in he east.

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer.aspx

Since when has Fat Tire been out of Boulder???

AFAIK, New Blegium brewery has always been in Ft Collins.

Ahh, yeah. Don't tell the CSU people, their brewery moved to CU.

I am fortunate to live pretty close to a great microbrewery, Victory. I like their Festbeir which is Marsen style, and the Storm King Stout, but all their beers are great.

http://victorybeer.com/

Second vote for Victory, but I prefer the Hop Devil or Hop Wallop. Hmmm... just a thought, but perhaps we could have a beer swap at Windwood? I'll put up a case of Hop Devil, anyone want to trade a six-pack or two?

Gary

In order of preference:

1. Free beer
2. Cold beer
3. Another beer
:cheers:

Guiness -- and a bartender that can pour a proper Black-and-Tan gets a good tip from me.

Shiner Bock

Any interesting micro-brew. Got hooked during a stint in PDX for several years. Then moved back here where they think fizzy yellow stuff (from an equine kidney) is beer.

Victory Golden Monkey!!

Sent from my Evo 4G

New Glarus Spotted Cow, Moon Man, or Fat Squirrel .......Oooo Organic Revolution (previously known as Naked Lager)
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

Otherwise a Guinness will get it done for me during dinner. If they don't have New Glarus, I switch to Bourbon, Vodka, or Sake'.

The beer in my hand.

Which, right now, happens to be a Belgian trippel from Dark Horse... Sapient Trip Ale.

I am very fond of this full-body (almost 7% alc. content) polish beer. The name WARKA is actually a town in Poland where Kazimierz Pulaski (a hero of the American revolution) was born and you can see his tiny portrait on the bottle. I am not fond however of the new label - this beer used to have a really exquisite looking label not long time ago but some bean counter probably decided that it was too expensive to print.

PICT0003.JPG

bear republic, dogfish head, lagunitas, bell's...

Second vote for Victory, but I prefer the Hop Devil or Hop Wallop. Hmmm... just a thought, but perhaps we could have a beer swap at Windwood? I'll put up a case of Hop Devil, anyone want to trade a six-pack or two?

Gary

Yes however me transporting beer could be tricky. And Adam hasn't announced the date yet which means I can't ask for the time off from work (need dates). But if I go I could perhaps try to bring beer from CA.

MGD..Long necks by the 24 pack.

Like Fat Tire. Also like Miller Lite.

Miller and PBR were the beers in the cooler when we went fishing with grandpa or dad, when I was young, so they're still just fine for me. And a side-benefit is that beer snobs won't bother reaching in your fridge for a beer when they stop by. ;)

And Guinness. Draft Guinness as God intended, none of that CO2 cartridge canned stuff or the flat bottled stuff.

Lately I've been on a Blue Moon kick though. Very tasty with a slice of orange in it.

Any good hard cider on tap I'd never turn down, either.

Or a proper Black & Tan with Guinness and Bass Ale.

Pint's Pub in Downtown Denver used to claim they had the largest collection of tapped single-malt scotches West of the Mississippi. A dubious claim these days, but with over 100 single-malts for sale by the shot, and an excellent hard cider also on tap, serving UK style food, and a real UK red phone box out front... You really can't go wrong there.

Friends own another Downtown fave near Coors Field, The Whiskey Bar. Guess what they have tons of? ;) They've done well for themselves. Got out of tech/telco and made a go of it with renovating an old coffee shop into a neighborhood bar. They rolled that into buying restaurants.

Grew up in Golden and I hate Coors. Noticed they finally dropped the claim that they're using "Rocky Mountain Spring Water". Their water comes right out of the creek. Always has.

Dad has great stories about dragging cases of Coors around in the Navy in the 70s to trade for other beers, usually at a 3:1 ratio, back when it wasn't widely distributed and people back east wanted it.

I have yet to find a beer that I like.

Tiger Beer. It's actually Singaporean but it's brewed over most of Southeast Asia. 5% alcohol, to account for some dilution by the ice, which is how beer is typically served down there. It's one of the few beers I can drink that both tastes good and I can lose weight on.

Hate is a strong word, but let's say I don't like thick, syrupy hoppy beers. I like lighter beers with decent kick that don't feel so heavy when you drink them. Michelob Ultra is usually the only beer I'll drink stateside, but it tastes like dog pee. The Australians have it right though - there are two ultra light beers, 1) Pure Blonde, and 2) Hahn's Super Dry which have the same calorie count, carb count and alcohol content as Michelob Ultra. But they actually taste decent, with Hahn's being the better beer.

If I really don't care about carbs and calories, then my favorite beer would be Trumer Pils. It's locally brewed in Berkeley but it's a real German style Pils.

I love any beer but the first one that comes to mind is actually a mix of beers.

Ordering the 'black and tan" at an irish pub... killian's irish red and Guinness

Back