Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Check out this TFR!

ujy3avyj.jpg

ebadu3er.jpg

Did WWIII break out while we were at OSH?

Wow, that is strange and big as all get out. Never seen anything like that before.:dunno:

Possibly the Central American immigrants moving north.

It's not in the FAA database that way. It is appearing on all three of our Garmin Pilot apps in our base camp here in the N40.

It looks like a Garmin glitch.

It's the standard TFR for a launch at Canaveral. Definite glitch in Garmin, ok in Foreflight and in WingX as of this timestamp.

What's the problem? Just go over the top.

Finding a way down might be a challenge.

It sorta makes sense... for a heavy-load space launch. Don't see any of those coming up soon, though.

It makes no sense whatsover. Launches are always over ocean or deserted terrain (Russia). KSC is easterly, Vandenberg is southerly. KSC is located where it is precisely so launches can be to the east at low latitude, to take advantage of earth's rotation. And it's no accident that ESA launches from South America rather than Europe.

Heavy launches are still done regularly, generally on Delta or Ariane boosters.

Last edited:
That's a new one on me. My Foreflight doesn't show it.

It's because you are using Android;)

From the shape, perhaps they are launching something known as "Nautilus"?

nautilus.jpg

It's the standard TFR for a launch at Canaveral. Definite glitch in Garmin, ok in Foreflight and in WingX as of this timestamp.

They don't launch rockets over the American landmass. That is NOT a 'standard TFR'.

They don't launch rockets over the American landmass. That is NOT a 'standard TFR'.

The standard TFR I referred to is a half circle off shore of the cape. That's the one graphically shown in Foreflight, not the absurd one in Jay's screencap.

TFR is correct on both my Android apps (Naviator & FltPlan Go), so not a general Android issue.

Back