What GA airplanes have folding wings and can be easily trailered?

RV-12 (well they don't fold but they are removable so you can trailer it)

Aerotrek http://aerotrek.aero/wingfold.htm
Remos (stabilizer is removable)
ICON :)
Fk9 (however, folding wings are optional, make sure you're buying it so equipped)

Kolb is probably the smallest, all things considered, because the tail folds too. It is also relatively short, because the pusher design allows for a short nose. Firefly can fit into a 20 ft enclosed trailer.

The dealer of Aerotrek makes a big deal of the folding wing capability, and indeed it's relatively well-refined. IIRC you don't even need to offload the fuel. However, the wings stay horizontal when folded and the tail does not fold. So, the airplane is very wide when folded. You must have the maximum permissive trailer (8.5 ft), and a suitable tow vehicle with tow mirrors.

Remos is the only plastic folder that I flew. It's quite slick. However, it is difficult to fold and reassemble alone. Wings are somewhat heavy and easy to damage. You better have a reassembly stand. On the upside, it can fit into a narrower trailer than most.

Last edited:
All of them. Watch those microcells, embedded T-storms and 12 g pull-outs from a dive. :eek::eek:o_O

I did it with the Navion, but I wouldn't say it was easy...
32389293084_58b0e48e2b.jpg

Why do people keep posting CGI images and video images of the Icon A5?
Everyone knows they don't actually exist.

ICON was steadily delivering them in 2016 (not fast enough to stave off the inevitable bankrupcy, I suspect). Currently, 5 are in customers' hands, and they piled up 12 unsold airplanes, which is kinda strange given the size of their waiting list.

Probably the same reason someone responded with "Corsair". Considering that A) it's not a General Aviation aircraft and B) even with the wings folded, it's not "easily trailered", you have wonder if some people can read.

Probably the same reason someone responded with "Corsair". Considering that A) it's not a General Aviation aircraft and B) even with the wings folded, it's not "easily trailered", you have wonder if some people can read.

There is\was a company making small scale version of the Corsair. It had folding wings, etc.
I wonder what happened to it?

Back