What does your office/cube/workspace look like?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I'm very proud of my new desk, window seat, new responsibilities...I'm happy. lets compare desks.

edit: note to self - T-Mobile Wing doesn't play well with uploading pics on vBulletin.

Attachments

• IMAGE_033.jpg
    IMAGE_033.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Re: what does your office/cube/worksapce look like?

Mine has about 35 piles of papers scattered around. Everything has a pile so I know exactly where everything is.
About once a month I have to throw stuff away though when I can no longer move my mouse because of all the crap!!!

Last edited:

I'm temporarily housed in a broom closet while our offices are being renovated. I doubt a camera would fit inside the room.

Mine has a about 35 piles of papers scatter around. Everything has a pile so I know exactly where everything is.
About once a month I have to throw stuff away though when I can no longer move my mouse because of all the crap!!!
Most people cannot appreciate the nuances of such a filing system. It is a thing of simplistic beauty to behold. Efficiency to the Nth.

Most people cannot appreciate the nuances of such a filing system. It is a thing of simplistic beauty to behold. Efficiency to the Nth.

If my two filing cabinets weren't OVER FLOWING I COULD use them I suppose. But that would mean I would have to clean out 9 years worth of stuff. Could take months.
The floor is a much better system anyway, no writing on tabs to put with the file folders.
Can just see at a glance what is on top and know what that pile is for then. LOL

Mark B

I actually have a corner office. Windows on two sides - but it's small and I'm buried in paperwork. I have a white board with an engineering project explained on it, and the cabinets above my head are covered with photos I've surreptiously printed with the laser printer. My door has a big 8x10 of my first solo, and despite the fact that I've been here almost 6 years I still have people stop by to ask if the photos of the little girl on my lap is my daughter. (it's my niece, and no I haven't gained and lost weight in the past few years). Apparently I don't leave my cave often enough. hahaha

which one?

Attachments

• DSC02118.JPG
    DSC02118.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
  • DSC00645.JPG
    DSC00645.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 56

Desk? :confused:

I could take you a picture of the flight planning room at Atlantic KMHR which is where my desk happens to be at this moment...

I'm very proud of my new desk, window seat, new responsibilities...I'm happy. lets compare desks.

edit: note to self - T-Mobile Wing doesn't play well with uploading pics on vBulletin.

Yours is cleaner than mine...no attempt made to 'tidy' before the pic (taken from a cell phone, so the quality is meh....)

Attachments

• Photo-0009.jpg
    Photo-0009.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 90

Something like this:

Attachments

• 3700br.jpg
    3700br.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 15

This is me at the desk. The mixing desk.

The other desk would be looking out the window of the airplane.

Now if I can just find a way to make money playing golf, my life will be complete.

Attachments

• DW Woolly BW0003.JPG
    DW Woolly BW0003.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 91

Boiled peanuts and Michelob?! College student to the 't'.

Peanuts are a great snack

Golden Light is good beer!

Now if I can just find a way to make money playing golf, my life will be complete.

Ahhh... Nice... "Memories..... in the corner of my mind...." I miss my days in the sound booth. Granted, it was lame "contemporary" church worship music, but they had pretty good equipment, and about once a month we got to go on-campus and do a big live gig setup with big 'ol rack of amps, etc. etc. Nothing quite like unloading, setup, room EQ, and sound check in 2 hrs. for a 2000+ student gathering. At least on campus, we didn't have dB limits. :)

#1. Former Office -- 8103 TerraGator - 350hp
#2. Current Office -- random classrooms on ISU campus
#3. Part-Time Office starting Monday -- CyRide bus

I miss #1!!!

Attachments

• LiquidMachine06.JPG
    LiquidMachine06.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1352.jpg
    1352.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 30
  • cyride.jpg
    cyride.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 28

Ahhh... Nice... "Memories..... in the corner of my mind...." I miss my days in the sound booth. Granted, it was lame "contemporary" church worship music, but they had pretty good equipment, and about once a month we got to go on-campus and do a big live gig setup with big 'ol rack of amps, etc. etc. Nothing quite like unloading, setup, room EQ, and sound check in 2 hrs. for a 2000+ student gathering. At least on campus, we didn't have dB limits. :)

I used to do that stuff.....live sound gigs....loved the mixing part of it. hate the gear moving part. Nowadays I do recording 99% of the time. The gigs I do wind up doing that are live shows, I just show up and mix. No roadying needed.

Mine has about 35 piles of papers scattered around. Everything has a pile so I know exactly where everything is.

Mine, too. Mine comes with a view of a busy highway and a lake and and a dog to keep my feet warm.

I also get to work in my sleeping sweat pants and t-shirt. I do take a shower once in a while.

I used to do that stuff.....live sound gigs....loved the mixing part of it. hate the gear moving part. Nowadays I do recording 99% of the time. The gigs I do wind up doing that are live shows, I just show up and mix. No roadying needed.

Nice. I had rounded up a group of 3-4 guys to do most of the heavy lifting right before I left. It made the nights a lot more enjoyable. I also heard that the church moved to a digital board for live stuff not long after I left. Figures...

I did a little recording on a couple of Roland VS2480 boards serial-ed together. That would be my ideal gig - studio recording/mixdown...

There's mine. The windows aren't big and the air conditioning sucks, but the view is usually pretty darn good.

Attachments

• IMG_2936.JPG
    IMG_2936.JPG
    545.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    917.1 KB · Views: 80

There's mine. The windows aren't big and the air conditioning sucks, but the view is usually pretty darn good.

too bad pic #2 isnt in focus, that would be cool. view is darn good, as long as the windshield isnt iced over ;)

You suck. :yes:

That's a pretty artsy photo!

OK... You guys are ****ing me off. I'm going flying Thursday on my part-time gig and I'm taking pictures. Then you're all in for it!!! Stand by one......

The desk in my dorm room. It's small, but nice. It wasn't until the second year I came up with the neat computer-up-top trick.

Attachments

• 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 00004.jpg
    00004.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 53

At least you people have windows... the only window I have looks into the computer lab.

I'd take pictures of what I see on my home health visits, but that would be a breach of confidentiality. ;) But, picture this: A little old farm house, more beat up than ours. Drawing blood from a little old lady at her cluttered kitchen table next to the old wood stove with the huge chain saw warming up next to it. Almost tripped over the chain saw twice. She was kind of daffy and grabbed a handful of my hair, pulled it and said "Oh honey! You have such pretty hair!" I didn't know if she was going to let go, or tear it out or what. This was one of the nicer places I went to yesterday. I'm just glad I didn't get chased by farm dogs.

I'd take pictures of what I see on my home health visits, but that would be a breach of confidentiality. ;) But, picture this: A little old farm house, more beat up than ours. Drawing blood from a little old lady at her cluttered kitchen table next to the old wood stove with the huge chain saw warming up next to it. Almost tripped over the chain saw twice. She was kind of daffy and grabbed a handful of my hair, pulled it and said "Oh honey! You have such pretty hair!" I didn't know if she was going to let go, or tear it out or what. This was one of the nicer places I went to yesterday. I'm just glad I didn't get chased by farm dogs.

And you do this why???? The same reason Tom lets folks try to kill him in a C172 all day. Because you're good at it and you love it.

Dayamm; y'all have some pretty fancy digs. Here's the focal point of my "office," though I was rearranging when I took the photo. To the right of the door is (photo #2). My view, if I put on my boots and step out that door(January 14, 2008) is photo #3.

HR(Retarded or Retired, I'm not certain which)

Attachments

• Sky_Mailbox4.jpg
    Sky_Mailbox4.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Storm_1 011408.jpg
    Storm_1 011408.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 44
  • My Office.jpg
    My Office.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

The Invisible Techie / Super Peasant at the local community college..and they're actually paying me to go have fun in the theatre all day long...

#1: The Shop
#2: View from stage right (minutes before curtain time)
#3: The House
#4: The current assignment this week (among the 617,942 other things that have to be done by Friday's show)

I've been Crew Chief for 2 semesters which is no end of fun. :goofy: This semester it seems I'm going to be Stage Manager... :eek:
I'm threatening to park my RV out behind the school until the show is over... :yes:

Attachments

• IM005264.jpg
    IM005264.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 37
  • IM005375.jpg
    IM005375.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IM005366.jpg
    IM005366.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IM005344.jpg
    IM005344.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 31

It depends - it either looks like my living room, a local coffee shop, or (rarely) our office in downtown SF. The other day, I tried working from here (Mt. Tamalpais) for a day:

PICT3076.jpg

The scenery was a bit distracting...but so much better than any office :yes:

-Felix

I'd post mine, but I am between mandatory muck-outs, and the office is not presentation-ready.

Great view, though.

Henning, I believe the technical term for what you are exhibiting in those pics is "****-eating grin." :D

Here is my lair, and the courtyard where I work when the weather's good. It's a five second commute from the kitchen.

Attachments

• P1010708.JPG
    P1010708.JPG
    808.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Courtyard 001.jpg
    Courtyard 001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

The Invisible Techie / Super Peasant at the local community college..and they're actually paying me to go have fun in the theatre all day long...

#1: The Shop
Hey, that's my airplane-building shop!

Attachments

• 139-3924_IMG.JPG
    139-3924_IMG.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Yep, no attempt to clean up the office. My desk is the second attachment below. I clearly moved the cell phone as I was snapping this picture... I don't get good interior photos with the cell at all.

The first pic is the view out the window into the World Trade Center pit at ground zero. Lost in the brightness at the top is the Hudson River, New Jersey, and a steady stream of arrivals/departures into KEWR.

-Skip

Attachments

• view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 38
  • desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Yep, no attempt to clean up the office. My desk is the second attatchment below. I clearly moved the cell phone as I was snapping this picture... I don't get good interior photos with the cell at all.

The first pic is the view out the window into the World Trade Center pit at ground zero. Lost in the brightness at the top is the Hudson River, New Jersey, and a steady stream of arrivals/departures into KEWR.

-Skip

I couldn't imagine looking out a window to that every day. :(

My office... don't worry, the apartment is in even worse shape.

Attachments

• office.jpg
    office.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 37

I couldn't imagine looking out a window to that every day. :(
I was not working in Manhattan on 9/11. When I started in this office, it was very difficult to look out for the first week or so. But.... you get used to it, like anything else. -Skip

This looks a lot like where I work....
cubicle.jpg

I feel like this....

officespace.jpg

Back