What do you think about Galvin flying?

Subhro Kar

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
shutterboy
After my recent adventures with a CFI, I am out to look for another. I found a school called Galvin flying in KBFI. Does anyone have an experience with this particular school? I am going to meet the chief instructor today. Any recommendations for who to take as a CFI?

Thanks

$$

They used to screen print their logo on the apples in the lobby.

The meeting was very nice. He suggested I get my log book back and then go through the TSA check thingie again. He will pair me up with an instructor and I can try to start from where I left off.

$$

They used to screen print their logo on the apples in the lobby.

Would you be able to suggest any other school/independent instructor please?

The meeting was very nice. He suggested I get my log book back and then go through the TSA check thingie again. He will pair me up with an instructor and I can try to start from where I left off.

Would you be able to suggest any other school/independent instructor please?

RFS is pretty good
http://www.rainierflightservice.com/flight-training

If you're on Facebook, I'd also join this group, tons of aviation folks in the northwest.
https://m.facebook.com/FATPNW/

BTW RFS has a citabria, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting your PPL in that.

Last edited:
if you are getting into a citabria, get some basic aero training as well, especially spin recover. if 172, i recommend learning in a round gauge one.. less things to chase around. you can watch the TV when you are at home

Rainier is great, but BUSY, so you'll need to be aggressive at scheduling planes and your CFI.

I flew and rented at Galvin at KBFI. I enjoyed their planes and had a seasoned CFI there for proficiency. It is pricey, however, I found the plane and instructor worth it. Nothing too exuberant in prices though.

After my recent adventures with a CFI, I am out to look for another. I found a school called Galvin flying in KBFI. Does anyone have an experience with this particular school? I am going to meet the chief instructor today. Any recommendations for who to take as a CFI?

Thanks

Galvin's was a going concern when I first moved down to BFI from Snohomish in 1970. Great reputation...best on the field. Can't help with the CFI recommendation, though...it's been too long since I have visited BFI.

Bob

I've done a bit of training with them. I'd say they're an average flight school; they've been around for awhile and have a reasonable fleet. Interview your potential instructor ahead of time. Compared with where you're coming from, it'll feel like paradise.

Back