• Comanche

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
For the owners and former owners on this forum. What type of plane did you own or do you currently own? Not talking rental's here but ownership. After voting tell us why you chose that plane.

Last edited:
For the owners and former owners on this forum. What type of plane do you currently own? Not talking rental's here but ownership. After voting tell us why you chose that plane.

Overpowered experimental....

Why ?.... I am crazy....:yes:

Attachments

• 801 cabin 028.jpg
    801 cabin 028.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
You don't give enough options. What if you own several? I like cessna products....and beech....and piper....and rv's look interesting.

You should be able to reply to more than one, if not just pick the plane that you own that you fly the most.

I've been fortunate to fly C152, C172, C182, PA28-180, Citabria, T6 Texan, and a PA28-161. The last I wrapped up my PP training in. In fact, a year later, I bought that Warrior. It is an easy plane to fly and gets me all over NE, NY, NJ, and PA in a reasonable time. Full IFR capable with a 89-B which is easy on fuel and maintenance.
One day, I might upgrade to a gently used, mid time Saratoga and get a little further out.

I currently own a pile of lumber and fabric, which I hope to turn into an airplane some day.

1958 182 because it was in font of me, low time, corrosion free (seriously...completely corrosion free), was being restored, just needed "finished", and was the right price.

Experimental Amateur built LSA (Merlin GT)

Because it was experimental, an LSA, and inexpensive.

Last edited:
After many years of owning certificated planes, we went over to the Dark Side and bought a Van's RV-8A in 2013.

ha2u3e9e.jpg

I own a 1946 Luscombe 8A, a standard category aircraft that qualifies for Light Sport. I chose the 8A because it offers some of the best performance and economy for this class of aircraft, at a reasonable price.

1936 Rose Parrakeet.
Aerobatic, antique, meets light sport reqs, and I usually end up flying by myself anyway.

Attachments

• DSCN0338.jpeg
    DSCN0338.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0336.jpeg
    DSCN0336.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0342.jpeg
    DSCN0342.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 26
What my Champ used to look like in the first photo,
currently what my Champ looks like in the second photo.

A liberty XL2, my cross country two seater.

Poll flawed, does not cover my situation, and, after all, it is all about me. :D

I am in a partnership on a PA28R-200, and wholly own an RV-6a. Like them both for different reasons. My wife does not necessarily agree. (Double :D)

Cessna 180 because I land on our ranch and do some crazy **** that most people here might call stupid.

You can walk away from stupid in a skywagon. :lol:

Last edited:
No Mooneys listed? What the...

I've got an M20E.

Velocity 173 LW RG
Glasair I FT

Cessna Cardinal RG. IMO underpowered, but it gets me from A to B and it's an excellent IFR platform, and that's why I bought it.

Cherokee 235. If I can get it in the door, I can get it off the ground.:D

Attachments

• IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    879.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The cherokee 180 is my starter (and probably only) airplane. Altho underpowered to go west over the hills in the summer, otherwise it's a perfectly useful airplane out here. I describe it as my Flying Buick. Every shop knows how to fix it, parts everywhere, doesn't go very fast, reasonably comfortable, very reasonable insurance, and as long as I don't do anything incredibly stupid, I and everyone inside will live.

Sounds like a Buick to me.

(which is embarassing because Dad sold Fords for 40 years and I've usually driven fords)

Would I like faster? Of course, doesn't everyone want a faster airplane? But I really like the 700# load after filling the fuel tanks.

Poll flawed, does not cover my situation, and, after all, it is all about me. :D

I am in a partnership on a PA28R-200, and wholly own an RV-6a. Like them both for different reasons. My wife does not necessarily agree. (Double :D)

+1, no Arrow on the list

attachment.php

I chose the Warrior (upgraded to 160hp) because the deal kind of fell in my lap. Since getting in for half originally we added two additional partners about a year ago. Those two new partners have since been replaced with two new partners, on who has not completed his certificate yet but is close to taking his ride and has agreed to not be added to the insurance until he has his certificate. When the first two additional partners signed on we had the 430 upgraded to WAAS.

Attachments

• P4290099.JPG
    P4290099.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 260
Man you were really asking for it when you wrote this poll. What were you thinking? :rolleyes: You've got FOUR individual categories for the PA-28, leave out the C210 and 310 completely, toss the Tomahawk and Skipper into the same basket and dump EVERYBODY else into an italicized "Other" category.

It's kind of like when someone starts out drawing a directional map on an 8x10 sheet of paper. Here's the freeway then down here's an off-ramp then left at the light and then packed into an area about the size of a postage stamp down in the lower right hand corner of the page you've got about two dozen turn instructions, street names, RR tracks, bridges, a 7-11 next to a Chevron station across from the K-Mart and a little itty bitty street with 5 houses on it.... :D

'78 B55 Baron and a '48 170.

Got the 170 first because I wanted an affordable tailwheel timebuilder and I had received my original TW endorsement in one.

Bought the Baron after moving to Norfolk and not being able to find any rentals that would haul my family of 4 and all of our stuff around.

Man you were really asking for it when you wrote this poll. What were you thinking? :rolleyes: You've got FOUR individual categories for the PA-28, leave out the C210 and 310 completely, toss the Tomahawk and Skipper into the same basket and dump EVERYBODY else into an italicized "Other" category.

It's kind of like when someone starts out drawing a directional map on an 8x10 sheet of paper. Here's the freeway then down here's an off-ramp then left at the light and then packed into an area about the size of a postage stamp down in the lower right hand corner of the page you've got about two dozen turn instructions, street names, RR tracks, bridges, a 7-11 next to a Chevron station across from the K-Mart and a little itty bitty street with 5 houses on it.... :D

He's got Bonanza on there, poll looks good to me.

Previously owned in succession a Cherokee 140, a C-150F, a Grumman Cheetah, a K35 Bonanza, and a CubCrafters LSA. Then I inherited my late father's pristine C-172. We were a two-airplane family for a while, then decided it made more sense to sell the Cub and just keep the 172.

I currently own a 1976 Beech Sierra, best plane ever made. I owned a really nice 152 prior to that, and used that to get my SEL.

1971 Skyhawk C-172L; was told it wasn't generally known it was for sale. Only one A&P had touched it for 17 years and IF it had been known to be for sale it would have been gone in two days because "everybody" knew its history.

HR

I can't believe you forgot a travel air. There must be two of us out of 100k members and you didn't list it.... sheesh.:eek: I had to select "other".:lol:

Proud Owner of Aeronca Chief (11AC) N86310. Might be willing to swap even up if someone has a new condition, 0 hrs SMOH V-tail Bonanza. Not sure though, Low and Slow is sometimes beautiful

I can't believe you forgot a travel air. There must be two of us out of 100k members and you didn't list it.... sheesh.:eek: I had to select "other".:lol:
i just picked "baron" instead. no one else can tell the difference either.

No Mooneys listed? What the...

I've got an M20E.

No diamonds either.

Where's the Comanche?

+1, no Arrow on the list

Fixed that for all of you;)

Back