What do you do for a living?

Beach boy photographer

I actually make my living off of this crazy hobby. Well sorta, I Flight Instruct part time and have another part time job, but I hope to have a full time instructor job within the next few weeks.

Information technologist and broadcast engineer

7th grade history teacher. Any other teachers out there?

Commercial / residential building contrator that uses those proceeds to fund being a test pilot on a "slightly" overpowered experimental plane.. In my spare time I am a one off design / prototype machinist, plow snow at the Jackson Hole Airport and a big hot tub fanatic... :yesnod::yesnod::confused:..

As long as I am healthy and have a few bucks in the bank to put fuel in my plane I am one happy SOB..:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Livin in paradise doesn't hurt either..:no:

Ben.

.NET/Java Sofware developer, for a hunting license system...

please execute the following

update applicant set preference_points=preference_points+5
where applicant_id = 'gkainz';

:D

Trained as a professional ship driver, but these days I find myself manipulating military decision making with smoke and mirrors and the strategic use of color and font style on PowerPoint slides...

Trained as a professional ship driver, but these days I find myself manipulating military decision making with smoke and mirrors and the strategic use of color and font style on PowerPoint slides...

Corporate America *needs* you, Sir

Drive these around...

777large.jpg

Industrial Electrician. Worked eight years at Newark Airport (KEWR) installing and maintaining runway/taxiway lighting systems and signs (4160volt mains). One year at La Guardia (KLGA) doing the same thing. Now I'm a TSC -Tunnel Systems Controller which means I no longer get my hands dirty.:lol: I work in the control room regulating the ventilation, lighting and switching 13000 volt feeders ---Con-Ed & PSE&G. :hairraise:
The only thing that sucks is, I work around the clock and two to three weekends per month! *Not much time to fly or start my IFR training. :dunno:

I'm a taxi driver...
I'd like to think we're at least limo drivers! I haven't considered myself a taxi driver since the 1900 days.

Industrial Electrician. Worked eight years at Newark Airport (KEWR) installing and maintaining runway/taxiway lighting systems and signs (4160volt mains). One year at La Guardia (KLGA) doing the same thing.
No kidding! I'm pretty sure the lights were just about the only things at those airports that actually worked as they should. I bet you hated the plow drivers, though.

I do the same thing as Mari, just slower and with fewer people sitting behind me.

Software engineer doing healthcare interface development mainly for labor and delivery care areas. Like it better then designing mission planning systems for cruise missiles and bombers.

Software engineer doing healthcare interface development mainly for labor and delivery care areas. Like it better then designing mission planning systems for cruise missiles and bombers.

Seems like a very similar deal..... Either way someone/thing is dropping a bomb. :yesnod::rofl::wink2:

please execute the following

update applicant set preference_points=preference_points+5
where applicant_id = 'gkainz';

:D

Would you think you're the first one to ask me to do that? I think everybody who knows what I do has asked me that. In MT at least, you'd never get away with it folks watch that data like hawks and anything suspicious gets investigated thoroughly. So, sorry, not committing any felonies for you today!

For better news, the ecological monitoring software I write is free of charge distributed by your federal government. So go out hiking and measure some plants.

...this is one reason I love Pilots - a diverse group of very competent, nice, folks. And, for the most part, they don't care what each other "does". Because we're PILOTS!
Tim

...this is one reason I love Pilots - a diverse group of very competent, nice, folks. And, for the most part, they don't care what each other "does". Because we're PILOTS!
Tim

As long as you fly the proper wing type ( high or low ) then all is fine but cross that line and all hell breaks out!

I'd like to think we're at least limo drivers! I haven't considered myself a taxi driver since the 1900 days.

No kidding! I'm pretty sure the lights were just about the only things at those airports that actually worked as they should. I bet you hated the plow drivers, though.

I do the same thing as Mari, just slower and with fewer people sitting behind me.

No I hated when they made us drive the plows also! *:mad2:
They figured we'd be more careful with the runway edge lights than the regular guys:rofl:

During the week, pro-geek. Typically, supercomputer stuff.

On the weekends, all y'all subsidize my flying (USCG AUXAIR). Thanks, all y'all.

As long as you fly the proper wing type ( high or low ) then all is fine but cross that line and all hell breaks out!

I fly a non-military, tri-cycle gear, low wing, factory built certified plane. Clearly the best. Anything else isn't really worthy. :rofl:

That's why I fly a mid-wing! Equally loved and hated by all.

No I hated when they made us drive the plows also! *:mad2:
They figured we'd be more careful with the runway edge lights than the regular guys:rofl:
:rofl: I'm guessing their hopes were quickly dashed by the side of the runway, like so many crushed runway lights? Seems like those plows would be a lot of fun, at least until you get near the edges?

Former CH-47 & UH-1H Army Aviator. Now work as a sales guy for Siemens in the process industries.

What it says at the bottom of all my e-mails:
Lead Software Test Development Engineer

Digital Tech for commercial photographers, DIT on video productions, photo/video technical consultant, aerial photography (helicopter based) technician with a few hundred hours in the back of helos.

Industrial Electrician. Worked eight years at Newark Airport (KEWR) installing and maintaining runway/taxiway lighting systems and signs (4160volt mains). One year at La Guardia (KLGA) doing the same thing. Now I'm a TSC -Tunnel Systems Controller which means I no longer get my hands dirty.:lol: I work in the control room regulating the ventilation, lighting and switching 13000 volt feeders ---Con-Ed & PSE&G. :hairraise:
The only thing that sucks is, I work around the clock and two to three weekends per month! *Not much time to fly or start my IFR training. :dunno:

Maybe you can answer this.. why one earth does EWR and LGA (and I believe the other PANYNJ airports) not use taxiway edge lighting?

$ I assume?

I've been a nurse since time began. Worked in many different areas of health care. The last job I had was at an oncology clinic. The Joplin tornado destroyed that building, and my job. The job before that was as a home health nurse in rural America...getting chased by farm dogs and such.

Maybe you can answer this.. why one earth does EWR and LGA (and I believe the other PANYNJ airports) not use taxiway edge lighting?

$ I assume?

Good question. Never gave it any thought. To be honest, I thought that was just standard with large airports as these. . Some how I doubt it's the cost because the Port Authority spends huge amounts of money on all of it's ports, tunnels and bridges!

Another *nix geek, with a secondary emphasis in telecom.

Linux, Solaris, Asterisk, channel banks, M13 muxes, T1, T3, switches, routers, conferencing systems (video, audio, doesn't matter), radio stuff as a hobby (note license plate - thay turned into work too)...

I dunno, what else? Definitely more. Whatever. Toss me the gear, I'll make it do something that makes or saves you money, hopefully keeping us all happily employed.

Can also explain it slowly with little words in PowerPoint to execs. ;)

("Dee Ennnn Esss... is what keeps you in business. Without it this entire data center doesn't work very well.")

Me and the Terrabyte Twins are headed out for a hot Valentine's on the town!

They're quite a hot pair, no?

aee883b0-fb14-6ad7.jpg

Wife's singing Val-O-Grams so...

I picked up these two hotties and we'll probably grab a burger, hit a couple of data centers, drop one girl off at each, feed 'em all the bandwidth they can handle and leave them caged up there as work-slaves for the next ten years or so.

Unless they get too old and can't hack it.

(Hack it. Get it? No? Ha. Ahh never-mind...) ;)

Wife's a "home" health nurse (well, actually a recent convert to the dark side, management... as an Assistant Director of Nursing) for a company that owns Assisted Living real-estate.

I joke that I store computers in climate-controlled buildings and she stores elderly people.

(Around that point in the conversation she usually smacks me and says I'm a bad person. Ha.)

Digital Tech for commercial photographers, DIT on video productions, photo/video technical consultant, aerial photography (helicopter based) technician with a few hundred hours in the back of helos.
Cool. I used to be a news photog. I was the only person at the station who would volunteer to ride in the back of the 206. Everyone else avoided it like the plague. That's pretty much the only thing I miss from that job.

Good question. Never gave it any thought. To be honest, I thought that was just standard with large airports as these. . Some how I doubt it's the cost because the Port Authority spends huge amounts of money on all of it's ports, tunnels and bridges!

On second thought, it's probably because the taxiway centerline lights were deemed sufficient. They are pretty bright and from my perspective while driving on the field, they were.

Back