What do you call that sound when a call gets stepped on?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
When one dude on CTAF transmits at the same time as another pilot?
It makes that awful sound when there are multiple transmissions.

I need a sample of that sound effect but I can't fathom what to search for.

"Out of phase aircraft radio transmission sound effect" is coming up dry.

I'm sure it sounds different in a Grumman. Cirrus transmissions are never never blocked.

Sounds like a warble to me.

I'm sure it sounds different in a Grumman. Cirrus transmissions are never never blocked.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Say hi to the Cirrus by the way. It is in Joe's hangar getting an overhaul.

When one dude on CTAF transmits at the same time as another pilot?
It makes that awful sound when there are multiple transmissions.

I need a sample of that sound effect but I can't fathom what to search for.

"Out of phase aircraft radio transmission sound effect" is coming up dry.

Heterodyne. It was a factor in the KLM 4805 and Pan Am Flight 1736 collision in the Canary Islands

Didn't Lucas use some "Steeped On" sound fx in the Rebel Base control room during the Empire Strikes Back (the best of course) or when they are talking to Luke and the other fighters in A New Hope.

I think it’s called “every radio call eman makes”.

Happened to me at SAT on the ground Sunday; very busy time, everyone 'knew' the call was for me because we were waiting for a gap to get me across 31L. Gap arrived, he started with part of my N# to expedite across, I even powered up....and someone stepped on him! I said blocked but it was too late, the gap was gone and he (frustratingly) told me to hold short.

Happened to me at SAT on the ground Sunday; very busy time, everyone 'knew' the call was for me because we were waiting for a gap to get me across 31L. Gap arrived, he started with part of my N# to expedite across, I even powered up....and someone stepped on him! I said blocked but it was too late, the gap was gone and he (frustratingly) told me to hold short.

Kick his arse Sea...barse!!

Frustrating but a way of life for ATC that deals with UHF and VHF at the same time.

Oh and Briany, the word you're looking for is necrophilia….necrophilia. Go ahead and look it up, I'll wait. Happy to help by the way. ;)

It's the sound I always claim to hear when ATC says "I have an amended clearance for you, advise ready to copy."

Maybe its c**k blocked? Did you try searching for that?

@SixPapaCharlie - if you manage to find that sound clip please share it with me. It might come in handy if tower calls to give me a phone number to call :)

Back