What do y'all think?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63677&item=4542354863&rd=1

This is weird...I've logged many hours in this plane, and I didn't even know that it was for sale. It's had problems, but as far as I know, nothing serious.

I'm not sure if its one of those things that I should avoid because I may be too close to it or not. I have also been out celebrating this weekend, so I have been partaking in a bit of consumption right now, so I may be just considering the purchase because of that, but I would like to get some opinions on this plane. This is within my price range for sure, and I'd like to have a timebuilder.

Still has time left before bidding ends so the price is going to get higher. This sure does look like a beater and has had a lot of instruction work. Keep in mind that the value is going to remain low when you try to resell and the first few annuals may be a pricey. The engine is about run out and IMHO should be replaced with a O-360 when the time comes. The avionics also need to be upgraded.

Think hard before jumping on this one, but for a time builder it could be the right plane.

Wait until all the joy juice leaves your body before deciding to do anything. :cheerio:

Mark

Why would they insist the buyer take their training? Maybe they're looking only for the inexperienced for a reason.

10,000 hours on a 172....ur kidding, right? Buying a "time builder" is an invitation to financial disaster:) Putting money into this thing to keep it running isnt worth it due to the high airframe hours. You could easily spend $20,000 on the motor and accessories that are typically replaced at overhaul. Bent firewall? Corrosion? Excessive airframe wear that requires repair? All extra, and for what, an airplane with 10k on it. There are no deals...you get what you pay for and often you get less. Wait for the plane you want to come along. Low to average airframe time, configured the way you want, no time bombs not already addressed in the last few years and a runout motor priced right so you know what you got when its oh'd. Stay away from high priced mid times, they're nothing but trouble. Either pay top dollar for a like new airplane or buy runout at the right price and fix it the way you want. You'll notice there's no room here for "time builder" :)

Sober Nick concurs with everyone here. The more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that this is just not worth it.

Thanks for looking though guys!

NickDBrennan said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63677&item=4542354863&rd=1

This is weird...I've logged many hours in this plane, and I didn't even know that it was for sale. It's had problems, but as far as I know, nothing serious.

I'm not sure if its one of those things that I should avoid because I may be too close to it or not. I have also been out celebrating this weekend, so I have been partaking in a bit of consumption right now, so I may be just considering the purchase because of that, but I would like to get some opinions on this plane. This is within my price range for sure, and I'd like to have a timebuilder.

Yikes, I think another bottle of tequila and pass out till the auction is over lest ye actually buy this run out rag of an aircraft.

Back