What do we think of the GNX 375?

Built in Bluetooth. Once connected there will be another little roundish icon button on top right of ForeFlight. Tap that and you can either send to or receive from the panel. If sending to panel the message button will flash and then press to confirm the transfer. If you change something with the route on the panel once you activate you will get a pop up in ForeFlight asking if you want to load the changes.

BrianM,

I've only been able to take 3 total flights in mine and was in a hurry to get back and forth so no time to play with the unit much.

Are you using the built in Bluetooth for the Foreflight flight plane transfers, or are you required to have a Flightstream 510 card? I've read the manual and it appears to only require the built-in Bluetooth connection and add-on card is only required for easier database updates, but I haven't had time to link my iPad to the GPS175 yet.

Last edited:
Thanks! I had some time run out to setup the bluetooth connection and quickly figured out how to upload the flight plans. I didn't have to pull out of hanger to lock on a GPS signal, but according to Pilots guide I should be able to get GPS data and AHRS data fed to Foreflight. I can get traffic and weather from my Stratux.

I thought these features were included without the add-on 510 card, but hadn't had time to look into it to verify. Thanks for sharing the information.

See you just have the GPS175. For reference to others that may be reading the GNX375 has the integrated transponder/ADSB In/Out. All of the ADSB info is also sent to ForeFlight when connected via Bluetooth.

I'm with the folks above that went avidyne.

I pulled the GNS430W out and slid in an IFD440 and under an hour had a touchscreen and was ready to add the AXP-22 and have ADSB out. This seems like a really easy and simple solution. if you're going to go for something that's the size of the 430W, I would just go straight to the IFD440 or 540, and think about adding in the headless transponder with ADSB that's compatible. keep in mind that this also lets you use foreflight two ways back and forth to sync up flight plans, and get you the ability to monitor standby comm.

Not going to invest $1500 or whatever a FS210 costs on mid 90’s technology.
sell your 530w now instead of spending 2,500 to install a flightstream. the IFD 540 upgrade is about $7k You could do better if you're willing to go through the hassle of selling your 530W yourself

From above posts, "I also think Garmin learned a hard lesson from Avidyne in terms of upgrades. They lost a lot of customers to the slide-in Avidyne and I feel like they'll work a lot harder to have a slide-in replacement for the GTN next time"

I'm amazed they didn't learn that lesson decades ago. TKM Avionics has been making slide-in replacements for Narco, King, and ARC radios since 1968. A pilot can do the removal and install. Logbook entry takes longer than making the swap.

Back