Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Got a project?
a new student?
What did you do today?

Me? I'm working on a new STC for Super cubs and several other PA-teens

Soloed a bunch of students. Two more due monday and two tuesday. Im trying to crank out more pilots lol

Almost soled a student, ( he screwed up that last landing:() checked out an attorney in the 172, attended a meeting and answered questions from a group of mostly youngsters at a 'Learn to Fly' gathering. Last student had to cancel because the wind picked up.

Last edited:
Increased revenue for an airline, kept their employees busy.

Same as I do nearly every Saturday. Worked with the youth in our EAA Chapter youth program. They're building an Ultr-Lite Piet a full-size Piet and a BD-6. For working they learn new things, use tools they never saw before and earn credit for flight training. One of our youth should be taking his check ride this Friday and another should be done soon. One of our youth soloed in 4.5 hours. He has a lot of RC time and a lot of stick times with some of our pilots. We also have a young lady that has soloed and will be going to a Georgia college with an aviation program. One of guys has been accepted into the Naval Aviators program.

no joke.......drove to the hangar.........and cleaned the windshield.

oh, also picked up a pair of these screw in tie down thingies

screw you's guys

Flew into a new-to-us Airport, Cleveland-Hopkins KCLE. Found out there are two ‘Airport Sheratons’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Got more tools, reviewed logbooks, and found the POH/W&B so I can go fly tomorrow.

Got more tools, reviewed logbooks, and found the POH/W&B so I can go fly tomorrow.

We expect a detailed write-up (with pictures!) after this! :D

Checked out a new pilot in the SGS 2-32. Wind kicked up near the end, connected with mountain wave at about 3000agl, had a good 5-6 knots up (600fpm) in the wave. Final landing was 20G25 with wind variable 90 to 60 degrees off runway heading.

Got a flight review, and actual instrument time. So that’s $s n job security. Plus, I didn’t break the plane or my face.:cool: (Told some transient folk in the FBO about Uber).

Oh, and lunch at airport restaurant.

C120.jpg
C120A.jpg

Worked on plane, annual inspection time. Looked at some fire damage on a C120.

Last edited:
nice thread.
I did a bunch of inspect/clean/repair on a 150 I unmothballed and am prepping for later sale.

Rode my Vespa to the airport, checked the windsock, contemplated a lap around the pattern, went in my hangar, looked over the plane, changed the ear buds on my Clarity Aloft, checked the wind sock, googled a visiting plane's N-number (from Tulsa), contemplated a lap around the pattern, went back in the hangar and swept up some bird crap (I gotta figure out how those bastards are getting in!), then opted out of flying and Vespa'd home.

Did a little cleaning,and hung around the FBO for a few hours.

Yeah yours was lamer, his was lame....

well when you figure out how to work a camera, you let us know.

Hanimex_110F_Camera_with_Flip_Flash.jpg

I researched the firing order of a Conti O300, then traced all of the lower cylinder harness leads back to the distributor block. HarnessOrder.jpg

Found a fuel leak from my fuel sender unit. Going to help support an A&P.

Yesterday I taxied out to the runway and while holding short noticed a big dust cloud approaching the airport from the West. I heard the tower clear someone else for takeoff on another runway with the wind eighteen, gusting to twenty four. I called ground and told them that it was getting a little too windy, to cancel my flight request and I'm taxiing back to the hangar. My companion (also a pilot) told me that I shouldn't have said that it was too windy over the radio. I replied, maybe some student pilot is contemplating going and heard me say that and scrubbed their flight as well. You can't really teach good judgment, just gotta be an example.

Today: so far, just cleared a customs AS-350 for take off but it's still early.

Back