What could take off straight up out of Jacksonville

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
We live approximately halfway between Jacksonville and Cape Canaveral. A few minutes ago, around 8:00 PM, we saw what looked like a small rocket going straight up leaving an impressive smoke plume, coming from the direction of Jacksonville. After reaching substantial altitude it leveled off and looked like it was heading in the direction of the Cape (SSE). A few minutes later, another one took off with the same profile. It was high enough that an airliner passed way underneath it.

I have a few pics on my iphone that i will upload soon, but they are too far away to see anything.

Don’t know what it was, but Cecil is a spaceport. Look at the Jax sectional. See the rocket symbol adjacent to Cecil?

The trajectory looked more vertical than it does in the pictures. I've lived here around 20 years and never saw that from that direction. Saw it many times from the direction of the Cape.

We live approximately halfway between Jacksonville and Cape Canaveral. A few minutes ago, around 8:00 PM, we saw what looked like a small rocket going straight up leaving an impressive smoke plume, coming from the direction of Jacksonville. After reaching substantial altitude it leveled off and looked like it was heading in the direction of the Cape (SSE). A few minutes later, another one took off with the same profile. It was high enough that an airliner passed way underneath it.

I have a few pics on my iphone that i will upload soon, but they are too far away to see anything.
When the air force or NASA does anything, they shutdown the airspace. I highly doubt an airliner passed underneath it within a reasonable amount of time to compare.

When the air force or NASA does anything, they shutdown the airspace. I highly doubt an airliner passed underneath it within a reasonable amount of time to compare.
I thought that was weird too. The other weird thing was that it made no sound that I could detect. Probably due to the distance and altitude, even though it practically went right over top of us. But I saw both the UFO and the airliner at the same time. Actually, my wife pointed out the airliner to me.

I thought that was weird too. The other weird thing was that it made no sound that I could detect. Probably due to the distance and altitude, even though it practically went right over top of us. But I saw both the UFO and the airliner at the same time. Actually, my wife pointed out the airliner to me.
Ah ha!!!! Than it really was a UFO!!!

Yea. Cecil, on the map it shows a rocket ship!

Wilie Coyote type too!

Could have been a private rocketeer. The higher classes of rockets available now are truly amazing.

omg, you not only photographed it you posted it!
Black SUVs, shorthaired guys with suits and full auto weapons inbound.
Barricade, or run?

@JOhnH , did you get a spectrographic analysis done of that chemtrail? Check with the project office and see what they had going that evening. I haven't seen anything posted yet in the classified area of PoA.

I really hate it when people say "Murica". It sounds so disrespectful.
But I guess it's your right to hate America.

I know. I still hate it. I feel like they are making fun of people that DON'T hate America.
But I guess that's my problem.

Don’t be a hater. Let go of your hate. Celebrate diversity and learn to love those who may be different from you and who have a sense of humor.

:D

Don’t be a hater. Let go of your hate. Celebrate diversity and learn to love those who may be different from you and who have a sense of humor.

:D

But I can't love those "different" people who push their agenda of forcing people around them to espouse the "different" outlook rather than their own. "I'll be me, you be you" doesn't float with some people, who think everyone should accept them as they are without them having to accept others who think differently . . . "I'll be me, you be me, too", NOT, I'll like and accept whoever I do, and it ain't none of your business who or why, and it's certainly not your job to force me to accept anyone or anything, 'cause that ain't happenin!

Now let's go back to flying!!

Any idea what that thing was heading rocket-like away from Jacksonville the other evening?

But isn't that dangerous just randomly launching rockets like that?
Only if someone gets hurt. :):):)

NASA's VCT project?

(Vertical Chem Trail)
Dangit! Now the gubment is taking away from private industry again. We just got these new contracts signed and everything. What's next? Drones and micro applications? Have they seen what happened when the Canadians did that? The price of maple syrup went through the roof!

Back