What beer are you drinking?

Skyscraper

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Skyscraper
Here we go! The thread for us lovers of suds! Ales and Stouts, Lagers and Pilsners, bring it on...

Myself I'm always happy with a cold bottle of Lagunitas IPA

What's your favorite brew, friend?

Rams Head Copperhead Ale or Harpoon IPA or just about any other IPA depending on what I see at the boozeatorium

In my past life it was Miller Lite by the truck load, now it's Diet Coke! :D

Lately I've gravitated towards two nice Michigan brews, Bells Kalamazoo Stout and Founders Porter.

Magic hat IPA...or some "Homebrew" cause I always make the best thing I have ever tasted.

I LOVE German doublebocks!!

Have you ever had Kulmbacher Eisbock??
I have... in Germany, even. :) Love drinking German beer over there, the stuff I find here seems to have not made the trip too well. Most of what I was drinking there was from the smaller local breweries. I love the German bocks and doppelbocks, but my friends there were shocked to see an American drinking it. Apparently they think we all drink Miller Lite or some such crap.

These days on those rarer occasions that I have a beer, it's likely to be either Leinenkugel Summer Shandy (a halfway reasonable approximation of Radler), Bud Black Crown, or Boulevard Wheat that I bought for my wife, who drinks maybe half a dozen a year.

I don't drink much beer any more due to the diabetes. So when I do have a beer, I make sure it's one I really like.

Newcastle Brown Ale, Samuel Adams Dark, Yuengling Black & Tan, and Mississippi Mud are some of my favorites.

But mainly I just drink red wine these days. For whatever reason, it doesn't raise my sugar like beer does. Go figger.

-Rich

Still got some Pauliner Oktoberfest I'm working on. When I'm done with that it's back to the old standby of Chimey Grand Reserve.

Usually whatever's on sale for $4 for a six pack, so long as it isn't an American Pilsner.

All beer is beaver ****.

Captain Morgan & diet coke with lime.

You like a little umbrella in that too Geico :rofl:

Normally I like to try anything local to whatever area Im in.

My favorite so far, Mac & Jacks African Amber, or a PBR if I'm somewhere with a small selection of brews.

I love the German bocks and doppelbocks, but my friends there were shocked to see an American drinking it. Apparently they think we all drink Miller Lite or some such crap.

The same thing happens (though to a lesser extent) with wine.

The largest breweries are the only ones that seem to bother exporting. Mainly my guess is that there's enough market share here in the states for micro-breweries that there's no need to deal with exportation.

Usually whatever's on sale for $4 for a six pack, so long as it isn't an American Pilsner.

Ever try the Lagunitas "Czech Pils"? I think it's quite tasty and it's my ladies, favorite. Though I am partial (read biased) towards Sonoma County Brews.

Aren't those two requirements mutually exclusive? :D

I drank more beer between the ages of 18 and 21 than I have in the 27 years since. I might have one or two a year, usually on a hot summer day after I've come in from mowing and it might be a Bud Light or whatever my neighbor has handy.

Mich ultra when I can't get a makers mark on the rocks.

While in South Dakota a few years ago, I was introduced to Moose Drool. If you like a dark beer it's great.

The higher carbs in beer maybe?

Yeah, that part I know. But one of my formers doctors had theories about certain flavonoids in red wine having direct therapeutic efficacy in treating DM2. So there could be more going on, if he's right.

And based on my own readings, he may in fact be right. My postprandials are better if I had a glass of wine with the meal, especially if the meal was a bit on the carby side. I kept record for two months, alternating every three days between wine and no wine (three on, three off, three on, etc.). At the end of the two months, my postprandial readings on the "wine days" averaged about 17 mg/dl lower than on the "no-wine" days.

Just for the record, I'm not a doctor, nor am I especially smart; so take what I wrote cum grano salis.

-Rich

While in South Dakota a few years ago, I was introduced to Moose Drool. If you like a dark beer it's great.

YES!

They export that stuff around the county too, good stuff.

Check your blood pressure. I had to stop all caffeen to get mine lowered to under the mins.

I try to limit my Diet Cokes to 2 per day, 3 is unusual for me now. When I stopped drinking beer my blood pressure dropped, of course I started walking then too.

Beer = Landshark at about 37f

Sippin good stuff = Chivas on the rocks

Normal stuff = Bacardi and Pepsi.

:thumbsup:

Back