What Are Your Goals For 2010?

Get a 4th assignment flying F-15's
Put lots of hours on the Glasair
Get in shape

Fun thread, my flying goals for the year include:

* flying and photographing as many LSA as I can for flight reviews Plane & Pilot (I'm their LSA editor, freelance)
* improving my skills, especially with airspace management
* flying consistently, at least once a week
* getting to know more pilots across the country and chronicle their lifestyles for publication in various mags.

Happy 2010 everybody!

Right away...get the plane annualled, IFR re-cert, have the new (old) GPS installed and IFR certified. Try and pay all that off.

Get IPC

Fly the boss's C-182 and get checked out in it.

Get my CFI (left over from last year)

Quit my day job and instruct

Right away...get the plane annualled, IFR re-cert, have the new (old) GPS installed and IFR certified. Try and pay all that off.

Get IPC

Fly the boss's C-182 and get checked out in it.

Get my CFI (left over from last year)

Quit my day job and instruct

Keep your day job, or get a night job, and instruct. :)

Get my CFI rating. Fly more aerobatics in that S. Decathlon in Lubbock... maybe get my own. Figure out a way to support my habit - maybe the CFI will keep it about even...? I've been running numbers. Can you say "hopeful"? :yesnod:

I guess my top goal is to have as many successful landings as I do take-offs. My next goal is to get the IR, I'm taking a 2 day ground school for the written this weekend, then I'll take the actual written next week. I've been doing the flying portion off and on for the last year. It would be nice to have it out of the way by end of Feb. so I don't have to do a BFR but that is doubtful.

Get current again! I got my PP-ASEL in 1995 and flew for a couple years, then stopped. Life changes, loss of confidence, things like that. Now I'm working with a CFI to get current again and I'm being much more studious about it this time. I figure I'm flying for the enjoyment I get out of it, and if I don't feel safe, prepared and confident, I'm probably not going to get the enjoyment out of it that I am hoping for. So that's my goal. I just got my 3rd class medical yesterday, and my left eye barely passed (astigmatism). Not too happy about that.

I'm just starting out. So the first goal is to decide on which type of cert to get (Rec, Glider, Sport, etc). Regardless I plan on having at least 20 hours by the end of the year.

Get current again!

I'm just starting out. So the first goal is to decide on which type of cert to get (Rec, Glider, Sport, etc). Regardless I plan on having at least 20 hours by the end of the year.

Now that's the stuff I like to see! Welcome back jstro, and welcome to the fold, MadseasoN! (And welcome to PoA to both of you. :yes:)

MadseasoN, what are you looking to get out of aviation? Poke holes in the sky? Travel? Aerobatics? Where do you live? We have folks scattered all over the country, if you answer those questions we can help you find your niche in aviation as well as find good instructors and aircraft in your area. That makes all the difference in the world. :yes:

Now that's the stuff I like to see! Welcome back jstro, and welcome to the fold, MadseasoN! (And welcome to PoA to both of you. :yes:)

MadseasoN, what are you looking to get out of aviation? Poke holes in the sky? Travel? Aerobatics? Where do you live? We have folks scattered all over the country, if you answer those questions we can help you find your niche in aviation as well as find good instructors and aircraft in your area. That makes all the difference in the world. :yes:
As Kent said, welcome to both of you! Like Central County WI, Iola, PoA is built for the Love of Flying! (And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you owe it to yourself to get over to www.pilotcast.com to learn about this wonderful Wisconsin grass strip with three runways and a WEEKLY feast!

Thanks. I've always been enthused by aviation. Went to A&P school about 17 years ago but ended up taking a different career path.

Eventually I would like to travel. Until my skill/confidence level is high enough I'm content with just going out and doing some local sightseeing on the weekends.

I'm in NE Houston about 10 miles from IAH.

* Begin and complete paragliding / powered paragliding training.
* Attend 3 -4 Fly-In / Camp-Ins
* Attend Osh as part of the Cherokees to OshKosh.
* Have Beth attend Pinch Hitter training (no hidden worries, just want her to learn)
* We're adopting a French Bulldog and hopefully she (or they (hint hint)) will like flying so they can go with us on camp-ins.

Thanks. I've always been enthused by aviation. Went to A&P school about 17 years ago but ended up taking a different career path.

Eventually I would like to travel. Until my skill/confidence level is high enough I'm content with just going out and doing some local sightseeing on the weekends.

I bet PJ will pipe up, he's from Houston... Plenty of options in that area, my sister lives down there. I got checked out in a 172 at Cliff Hyde at KEFD a couple of Christmases ago.

Welcome to PoA. Thanks for contributing as well.

1. Solo by the end of the month!
2. Finish my private certificate by the end of the school semester.
3. Make it to Oshkosh.

It's a little early to recall this thread I suppose, but I'm off to school soon so my flying time for the year is almost up.

1) Get instrument rated
I have taken two or three lessons at the beginning, and really liked it, but I couldn't find motivation to ever keep going. This is definitely a rating I really want to pursue, and there was nothing stopping me from getting it this year, I just dropped the ball I guess.
2) Add 4 new states (Indiana, Michigan, California, and 1 more).
I added 0. I did go on a couple cross countries... but all to Wisconsin. I am hoping to still get one more cross country in before I go to get at least one more state (Michigan or Indiana most likely). Flying in California doesn't look like it is going to happen, at least not this year.
3) Break 100 hours
I'm currently sitting at 74.1. I won't break 100, but I plan to get into the 80s.
4) Fly a non-cessna
Still haven't gotten a chance too. This is a goal I KNOW I will accomplish one year, but surely not this one. My best wish is to fly one of those shiny new glass panels planes like a Diamond or Cirrus.

I accomplished 0 of my goals... I'm kind of disappointed in myself especially considering the only thing stopping me from doing so was myself.

I went up the other day, solo, to keep fresh and I did most of the stuff in the Private pilot PTS to see where I was, and I somehow was still doing everything as well as I had when I was fresh which is good.

The good news is, I have been productive working many hours at my summer job that will someday help my purchase a plane of my choice with straight up cash sometime after I'm out of college; and most likely, way after.

1.) save money to buy. probably not till '11 though.
2.) get my commercial
#1 is in progress.

#2 isn't going to happen do to circumstances (mostly) out of my control.

Alaska via North Dakota.

That is the only goal. The fly-ins I will attend are not goals. They will happen.

This did not happen. I couldn't find anyone I wanted to go with - at least the Alaska part. I might just out and back to Fargo to finish off the lower 48.

Get a new 6 pack of closed rental Tee-hangars built at KRUE.

Slab poured. Steel going up.

Total projects at KRUE this summer in the $700K range. Water and sewer main extensions, pavement repairs, parking lot expansion, taxiway and pavement associated with new hangar. With grants, costing the city less than 15 cents on the dollar.

From the other thread:

1) Get MEI
2) Get CFII
3) Continue growing Cloud Nine Rescue Flights
4) Attend Wings, Gaston's, 6Y9, and WV62

1 and 2 haven't happened, and I'm not exactly motivated to get done, primarily because of being busy with 3. But I should try to get 1 accomplished.

4 looks like it will have 75% success, as I missed Gaston's to go to Canada. Weather was much nicer. ;)

next year hopefully flying a contest, gold altitude/distance, get leah her certificate, keep having fun.

no contests this year but i got gold distance. still holding out for altitude. leah is progressing and we're having lots of fun.

Back