What are your Avidyne data-block setups?

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Over the last few years I’ve changed the customization of my data blocks, as I’ve learned what’s important and less/not, and where I like to see it. I’m curious to know yours and why you do it the way you do.

-On the top I have ground-speed and Zulu time. These are just nice to know, and really the few data blocks that can fit.

-On the left, I have waypoint info that includes WP name, Dtk, and ETE to that WP. I also include Vertical Speed Required (VSR). My thought is that those are always visible when I have the full map view or not, and they help me enroute, on arrivals, and approaches.

-On the right, I start off with Nav mode that shows Enroute, Terminal, or Approach, just under the mode annunciation (GPS, VLOC, LPV, etc)
-Then the Active GPS approach (appch name and airport)

-Below that is next WP (name, Dtk, Tk distance, and ETE)

-I then have the destination name, track distance, and ETE
-This next one I got from screwing up a DME arc during IR training: destination direct distance
-and flight timer

97112E3F-7E1C-4E25-8B5E-0126A85ABCBD.jpeg

-Then I have Nrst airport (name, brg, dist)
-MSA
-GPS AGL
-Local time
-User

One of my CFIs whom I let fly my plane has a Spartan minimalist philosophy. I tend to jam whatever data the Avidyne can give me into the allowed space. He just has WP info and User name.

What do you do?

Last edited:
Over the last few years I’ve changed the customization of my data blocks, as I’ve learned what’s important and less/not, and where I like to see it. I’m curious to know yours and why you do it the way you do.

-On the top I have ground-speed and Zulu time. These are just nice to know, and really the few data blocks that can fit.

-On the left, I have waypoint info that includes WP name, Dtk, and ETE to that WP. I also include Vertical Speed Required (VSR). My thought is that those are always visible when I have the full map view or not, and they help me enroute, on arrivals, and approaches.

-On the right, I start off with Nav mode that shows Enroute, Terminal, or Approach, just under the mode annunciation (GPS, VLOC, LPV, etc)
-Then the Active GPS approach (appch name and airport)

-Below that is next WP (name, Dtk, Tk distance, and ETE)

-I then have the destination name, track distance, and ETE
-This next one I got from screwing up a DME arc during IR training: destination direct distance
-and flight timer

View attachment 105704

-Then I have Nrst airport (name, brg, dist)
-MSA
-GPS AGL
-Local time
-User

One of my CFIs whom I let fly my plane has a Spartan minimalist philosophy. I tend to jam whatever data the Avidyne can give me into the allowed space. He just has WP info and User name.

What do you do?
Instead of the default 2 Com settings followed by 2 Nav frequencies I prefer to have the 5 Com frequncies display option. That way I can preload Ground, Tower, Departure, Center and destination ATIS while on the ground before departing. It is easy to push the lower left knob in once to get to the Nav frequencies to preload them if needed but generaly I am using GPS and they are not needed. This is much easier than trying to enter frequncies in the air (especially if it is bumpy) and also is less time consuming when things get busy! Gives you the ability to store more frequencies without having to go to the frequency page to get them.

Getting an ifd later this year. Removing the kx155s....I have way more to learn than I thought

Uh, whatever the default settings are.

Suddenly, I don’t feel worthy…
I am such a slacker.
Datablocks are one of the coolest features of the IFD. Very useful, and very easy to use once you know they work.

- Martin

I reckon there’ll be a video about it coming soon….

Back