What are you paying for Av gas?

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Paying $5.80/gal for fuel in Juneau, AK.:( Wondering what the rest of the country is paying.

Self serve is $3.89 at the new home 'drome, but I burn mogas at about $2.20/gal. My former airport is still charging $5.12/gal for self serve.

At the home field I fill 50/50 with 100LL and Mogas. I paid $4.29 / $2.99 respectively yesterday.

Just shy of 5 bucks in the north east.

I buy gas at Mesquite (KHQZ), at which it is $3.25, and Sherman (KSWI), at which it is $2.75.

3.87 at IRS yesterday, 4.29 at the home drome.

Looks like $4.20-$4.50 is the norm here in Eastern Iowa with one airport down to $3.78.

$5.20 on the high side at Tucson and $3.69 on the low side on the Indian reservation at Ak Chin. You gotta hold your breath at Ak Chin though, there's a dairy nearby.

Airnav lists prices as low as $3.69 at Bethel, ME. That's the lowest I've seen in New England, though under $4 is not uncommon. My home drome still sells for $5.20.

$3.90 at KTBR.

Last week I stopped at Keystone Fl (42J) going to and coming from Sun N Fun. Their gas was $2.90.

Skyvector has a "fuel prices" button.......you can check the entire region or the USA

Paid $2.90 last Saturday at KAZE on the way back from Seeing n Fun.

$5.55 at home drome. (Via Atlantic at KSCK) But I usually fuel at either KTCY (self-serve 15 mins away) or KMCC (full-serve 25 minutes away). Both are around $3.99, and KMCC has courtesy cars and is open 24/7. We like to fill up, go into Sacramento and do some shopping and have dinner.

I just flew into KTBR. I had posted their gas at $3.90 in my post above, but they have gone up to $4.10 for full serve.

From 3.11 self service to a high of 5.99 at full service high end FBO. At KSRQ.

4.50 at the home drome, 50 cents cheaper at 2 airports less than 10 minutes away.

Around 3.40 but not exactly sure. KSTF.. I charge it to my account and just pay it with my hangar fee

Paid over 5 bucks at KORG a couple weeks ago. I may plan a nearby fuel stop on the way next time I go to TX.

Great response thanks everyone. Prices really vary. Seems cheaper south east U.S.

Next question what's hanger rental? $450/mo here if you can find a hanger.

Great response thanks everyone. Prices really vary. Seems cheaper south east U.S.

My hangar at GED is 360/Mo. T-Hangar

Last edited:
185/mo, electric bi-fold door, lights, electric, polished concrete floor.

$100 for hangar fee... They say they are going to $125 with the new hangars. KSTF

I don't rent hangers, I buy them. ;) But I keep my plane in a communal hangar; the FBO charges $250/mo. I think that's pretty stiff for a communal hangar, but this is VT, everything is expensive here. Sigh. :(

$5.40 at my home base Muscatine KMUT in Iowa. $3.78 in Washington KAWG about 30 miles away.

$5.20 on the high side at Tucson and $3.69 on the low side on the Indian reservation at Ak Chin. You gotta hold your breath at Ak Chin though, there's a dairy nearby.
Sorry for the tangent here...

I used to live in Maricopa, we could smell that dairy every evening when the winds would shift. My wife hated it.

I don't rent hangers, I buy them. ;) But I keep my plane in a communal hangar; the FBO charges $250/mo. I think that's pretty stiff for a communal hangar, but this is VT, everything is expensive here. Sigh. :(

And God forbid their communist leader gets into office, it'll be like that all over, after all gotta charge folks money to make all that free "birthright" crap folks go crazy for.

And God forbid their communist leader gets into office, it'll be like that all over, after all gotta charge folks money to make all that free "birthright" crap folks go crazy for.
I should have written COMMUNITY hangar, not communal. Nothing to do with communism. ;) (And I've no idea about the FBO folks' politics, though admittedly Sanders is quite popular here - ain't called the People's Republic of Vermont for nothing.)

100ll.com takes away some of the mystery. Enter an airport and see the fuel prices for that field plus the cheapest fuel within a reasonable radius.

Back