What are you flying?

Mooney M20J. Nicely fits my mission and pocketbook. I wish they'd made a twin.

They did. *A* twin. One.

attachment.php

It needs to go in the "ugly airplanes" thread though. :vomit:

However, the Twin Comanche is about as close to a Twin Mooney as you can get - We've all heard the story about Al Mooney stopping in Lock Haven due to weather, and the generous Bill Piper lending him a hangar for the night and then having his engineers go over the Mooney and learn as much as possible, subsequently coming out with the Piper Comanche, which later got two engines...

Plus, it is close in spirit as well - The #1 thing Mooneys are known for is efficiency, and the Twin Comanche was the most efficient certified 4+ seat twin until the DA42 came along.

Attachments

• img6.gif
    img6.gif
    344.2 KB · Views: 119
ok, it worked- thanks! Just coming out of P & I.... I'll pick it up Saturday....

Awesome looking plane!! My grandfather used to own two Duke's. The first was destroyed in a tornado in BDL (1979) and he replaced it with another identical Duke before he sold it and got a Bonanza in 1997. It is a really cool airplane, the turbine conversion is really really impressive.

1967 Cherokee 180 that has become a money pit. On the bright side though, I am getting a new airplane - one part at a time.

Not surprisingly, after deciding to "cut back" and only spend money on glider-flying, I've had many excellent opportunities to fly different aircraft in just the past couple of years. Not pictured is the RV-4, the Ford Tri-Motor, and the Tiger... even a little stick time is a good thing, and a blessing, if it's free. :D

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• bk-02181101.JPG
    bk-02181101.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 108
  • bk-021811012.JPG
    bk-021811012.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 110
  • bk-021811013.JPG
    bk-021811013.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 109
  • bk-021811014.JPG
    bk-021811014.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 108
  • bk-021811015.JPG
    bk-021811015.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 109
  • bk-021811016.JPG
    bk-021811016.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 110
  • bk-021811017.JPG
    bk-021811017.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 111
Not to sound like a teenaged girl, but..

OMG!!!!

That Duke is just out of this world stunning.

I hope the MX bills look that good.

Hmm. Maybe it's the location.

She's pretty much a "where is that friggin' red carpet and rental car" kind of GA flyer. For some reason, she doesn't find the concept of flying nice and slow at 500AGL with the windows open appealing. :confused:

Wow, there are pictures of some really nice aircraft here. :thumbsup:

Is that what I think it is? If so, I'm officially jealous. :yes:
Depends on what you think it is... if you're thinking "Pazmany PL2", you are correct. Belongs to a friend of a friend, based at 47N. Just got to fly it a little, and it was very cool.

I belong to a club.

Most flying these days is in the C-172N w/ a 430 in panel, finishing my IR. Getting close, real close.

My favorite XC machine is our C-182P. Comfortable and a bit faster. All steam gauges, no GPS.

The other is our Arrow. Complex time is easy to come by, as long as the flight is short. 3 hours and my knees die. No DME, either, so approaches are somewhat limited.

Maybe I'm suffering from the early onset of OFS (Old Foogey Syndrome).

I really, really enjoy travel by GA: Start here, enjoy lunch there, after cruising along over all those poor slobs crawling on the ground.

But for the sensation of flight, nothing has yet trumped low and slow in lightweight taildragger.

Sort of like the difference between on and off road motorcycling.

Mooney M20J. Nicely fits my mission and pocketbook. I wish they'd made a twin.
Occasionally get paid to fly cooler stuff and nice friends have let me fly some other wonderful airplanes as well.

img6.gif

Fly Right, see post 82 above

Not surprisingly, after deciding to "cut back" and only spend money on glider-flying, I've had many excellent opportunities to fly different aircraft in just the past couple of years. Not pictured is the RV-4, the Ford Tri-Motor, and the Tiger... even a little stick time is a good thing, and a blessing, if it's free. :D
attachment.php

I've flown in "your" Breezy with Tibor. You must be one of his partners. VERY cool plane!!

I've flown in "your" Breezy with Tibor. You must be one of his partners. VERY cool plane!!

No, I'm a member of the glider club there- some of the Breezy partners are also club members, and most are old Kupper Airport bums. I've taken a few rides, and flown it from the back seat a little. It is a very cool plane, even if the relative lack of attitude reference takes getting used to.

I don't think I've met you, although I know your plane. Stop by the glider staging area some day we're flying and I'll take you up in the trainer, if you're interested.

No, I'm a member of the glider club there- some of the Breezy partners are also club members, and most are old Kupper Airport bums. I've taken a few rides, and flown it from the back seat a little. It is a very cool plane, even if the relative lack of attitude reference takes getting used to.

I don't think I've met you, although I know your plane. Stop by the glider staging area some day we're flying and I'll take you up in the trainer, if you're interested.

I would LOVE to fly in the glider!
The Tomahawk is based at N87, but I'm at 47N a lot because I belong to the Sport Pilot/Ultralight club there near your gliders.
You know, I've been stopping in there for several years now and I've never seen the gliders flying, or anyone around them for that matter. I must always be there at the wrong time.

So far this year I've been flying a Cessna 150, a Cherokee 180, and a Debonair.

Back