What are you doing September 23rd?

Attending?

• Total voters

Keck Aviation

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KeckAviation
If the answer to that questions isn't "Going to the Wings and Wheels Festival at Keck Aviation" Then you are missing out.

There will be live bands, Food Trucks, Donuts, Kids Activities, a car and airplane show, and more.

Bring the whole family out for a nice day of airplanes, food, and fun!

Go to KeckAviation.com/events to register, so we can make sure we leave enough room for you!

Oh, and one more thing...
Did I mention that its a FREE FESTIVAL

Details:
Festival will be from 12noon-5pm, September 23rd, 2017
Held at the Wayne County Airport
Smithville OH

19650291_10159003054830581_2045062480_o.png

I'll be watching Alabama football. :D

But if I were closer I'd attend beings it's just Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
WORK..!?!?!?

0UA62-1443538852-450-blog-dobiegillis_maynard.jpg

Have a student facing his first check ride that day. I best be at the airport.

At the Naval Academy watching Cincinnati play the Midshipmen.

Sorry.

Cheers

I'm grounded...Bolton's got the runway scheduled to close so they can remove a taxiway that has direct access to the runway. FAA says that's a no-no these days so no flying for a couple of weeks starting mid-September.

I'm grounded...Bolton's got the runway scheduled to close so they can remove a taxiway that has direct access to the runway. FAA says that's a no-no these days so no flying for a couple of weeks starting mid-September.

If taxiways can't access the runway, how do you reach it for takeoff???

HSV is closing the taxiway in front of my hangar for two weeks to re-pave. I plan to drive up and see the grandkids and attend a wedding and a game.

Per the local airport authority in charge of this project: "the FAA no longer allows direct access from a Ramp to a Runway; therefore, current A3 is mandated to be removed for this reason. This is detailed in FAA Engineering Brief 75 (EB75) and now incorporated into FAA AC 150/5300-13A Change 1."

In the pic, Alpha 3 between TW Alpha & the runway is going away and what remains will become taxiway Charlie. tzrrwy.JPG

Per the local airport authority in charge of this project: "the FAA no longer allows direct access from a Ramp to a Runway; therefore, current A3 is mandated to be removed for this reason. This is detailed in FAA Engineering Brief 75 (EB75) and now incorporated into FAA AC 150/5300-13A Change 1."

In the pic, Alpha 3 between TW Alpha & the runway is going away and what remains will become taxiway Charlie. View attachment 56281
SO basically they want to make it harder for us to go to and from the BBQ restaurant on the field.

Yep! Left on Alpha 4, right on Taxiway Alpha, left on Charlie to the ramp. Yesterday while out buzzing around I noticed the same thing at Highland and at Fayette.

In the pic, Alpha 3 between TW Alpha & the runway is going away and what remains will become taxiway Charlie. View attachment 56281

Why remove A3 between the runway to Alpha? Just rename the far side.

"Exit the runway at A3, cross Alpha, Charlie to the ramp."

"the FAA no longer allows direct access from a Ramp to a Runway" It's for safety - apparently all the tenants are taxiing blindly onto the runway. Either that or everyone that's medicated with JP's BBQ is... ;)

If the answer to that questions isn't "Going to the Wings and Wheels Festival at Keck Aviation" Then you are missing out.

There will be live bands, Food Trucks, Donuts, Kids Activities, a car and airplane show, and more.

Bring the whole family out for a nice day of airplanes, food, and fun!

Go to KeckAviation.com/events to register, so we can make sure we leave enough room for you!

Oh, and one more thing...
Did I mention that its a FREE FESTIVAL

Details:
Festival will be from 12noon-5pm, September 23rd, 2017
Held at the Wayne County Airport
Smithville OH

View attachment 56205

Sounds like fun but to far from Texas for a day trip.

Hmmm, there are lots of airports around the country that will need to tear up or block off some pavement then. Quite a few have such direct access taxiways including many of the largest. Just take a look at their diagrams.

What'd I miss?

31 August I decided to have a heart attack will driving to pick my mom up from the dentist. I picked her up, and drove myself to the emergency room. I walk into admissions, and my mom tells the person my son is having a heart attack, get him in NOW..!!! A nurse met me and walked me into the emergency room then sat me in a chair while she went to find the doctor and a wheel chair. A few minutes later I am wheeled into a room and hooked up to all kinds of wires. A few minutes later a doctor walks in with the print out of what I assumed was the EKG, looks at me and says, "you are having a heart attack.."

Ok, that is why I am here.

A quick flight to Albuquerque, the surgical team meets me at the door and in the hallway they tell me what they are going to do. They wheel me into the operating room, strip me of my clothes quicker than my prom date, swap antiseptic on me, shave me in a place where a man should never be shaved, scaring the daylights out of me at the same time, and then the Doc asks me if I am ready.

"Doc, I haven't been anesthetized yet." Ok, a quick shot, then before it takes effect I feel the knife go into my wrist. I feel something being shoved into my vein. I feel a cooling sensation in my wrist, and also in my chest. 10 minutes later they pull everything away and tell me I have a brand new stint in my artery.

2 1/2 days later I get to come home. With orders to rest, not work. Which is killing me. Take my drugs and throw out all the good food to be replaced with what my mom and wife calls healthy food. We are in the process of remodeling the new to us house and really want to be moved in before the end of September. So I sit resting, walking 10 minutes every two hours, waiting for the next check up and collecting all the medical reports.

Ok, is everyone up to speed now..??? :yesnod:

31 August I decided to have a heart attack will driving to pick my mom up from the dentist. I picked her up, and drove myself to the emergency room. I walk into admissions, and my mom tells the person my son is having a heart attack, get him in NOW..!!! A nurse met me and walked me into the emergency room then sat me in a chair while she went to find the doctor and a wheel chair. A few minutes later I am wheeled into a room and hooked up to all kinds of wires. A few minutes later a doctor walks in with the print out of what I assumed was the EKG, looks at me and says, "you are having a heart attack.."

Ok, that is why I am here.

A quick flight to Albuquerque, the surgical team meets me at the door and in the hallway they tell me what they are going to do. They wheel me into the operating room, strip me of my clothes quicker than my prom date, swap antiseptic on me, shave me in a place where a man should never be shaved, scaring the daylights out of me at the same time, and then the Doc asks me if I am ready.

"Doc, I haven't been anesthetized yet." Ok, a quick shot, then before it takes effect I feel the knife go into my wrist. I feel something being shoved into my vein. I feel a cooling sensation in my wrist, and also in my chest. 10 minutes later they pull everything away and tell me I have a brand new stint in my artery.

2 1/2 days later I get to come home. With orders to rest, not work. Which is killing me. Take my drugs and throw out all the good food to be replaced with what my mom and wife calls healthy food. We are in the process of remodeling the new to us house and really want to be moved in before the end of September. So I sit resting, walking 10 minutes every two hours, waiting for the next check up and collecting all the medical reports.

Ok, is everyone up to speed now..??? :yesnod:
Oh is that all?

Holy crap! Glad to hear there's a happy ending. Get well!

Back