What are the regulations regarding off airport landings in a non-emergency?

Not a problem , I whole heartily agree, with you.

but never worry some one will whine to the Admin and get this thread shut down.
Simply because they don't understand that adult pilots can discuss politics in a civil manor.

And OBTW. Texas is the last state I'd choose to live in. Any state that has a temp swing of +125 degrees to -10 degrees YGTBSM

Yeah the temperature is weird. But I really like Texans. Had some really good times there.

It takes both left wing and right wing to fly straight. Otherwise, you'll spin out of control.

Both need their wings clipped. Massively. The reality is they’re identical and the only thing both love is power, money, and anyone who’ll give them more.

but never worry some one will whine to the Admin and get this thread shut downI.

If the thread gets closed, seems like you guys will have done that all by yourselves; you've been whining about liberals all day! :rofl:

Both need their wings clipped. Massively. The reality is they’re identical and the only thing both love is power, money, and anyone who’ll give them more.
Amen! American government reminds me of how a rusty pilot flies an ILS: the needle swings wildly between the stops. Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! :rofl:

Yeah the temperature is weird. But I really like Texans. Had some really good times there.
We have a daughter that lives there, we were going down to see them, but it was colder there than here.

I'd take that over having only 3 days of sunshine a year. :eek:
You tell every one of your friends that, so they don't move here. Never tell them that we went from last of April to the first of October with out a drop of rain last year, and are on schedule to do it again.
Just so ya know, it got light at 5:30 this morning, won't get dark until near 9:00 this evening and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky all day.
So you tell all your friends it rained all day OK.

Amen! American government reminds me of how a rusty pilot flies an ILS: the needle swinging wildly between the stops. Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! :rofl:

There’s two power hungry cults. Nobody seems to want to toss either of them out. Mostly because of that whole Federalization thing. If one disappears the other destroys the country.

If FedGov were the size it should be by collected revenues after paying its bills, (and the original design of the country), nobody would care about politics at all.

A federal politician would be some minor bureaucrat who ranted about things but had no power to enact any silliness because we’d all know they couldn’t afford anything.

A nice bum who begs for money for their cult ideas. The original design of our Federal government.

There’s nearly zero chance anyone will ever get control of the spending before the republic collapses, judging by human history.

That also won’t happen in my lifetime, most likely, so whatever.

Those who have kids and grandkids, they might see it. Will be mass suffering on a grand scale. Urbanization and Statism will turn super ugly. Always has. Always will.

Noticed that Caesar got around to cashing my quarterly tax check today. Not bad.

Two weeks after the oh-so-important deadline to return some of their funny money back to them that won’t even pay their interest bill on their loans.

I always send the tax checks in paper to see how long it takes some warehouse full of government serfs to open the envelopes and actually process the things. Why make it easier for them with electronic transfer? I figure it gives somebody a really crappy job.

OBTW Boys and girls this is NY. ... too...22851819_1698339710199228_6602647594207331537_n.jpg

You tell every one of your friends that, so they don't move here. Never tell them that we went from last of April to the first of October with out a drop of rain last year, and are on schedule to do it again.
Just so ya know, it got light at 5:30 this morning, won't get dark until near 9:00 this evening and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky all day.
So you tell all your friends it rained all day OK.
Reminds me of a bumper sticker I had when I lived in Seattle:

"Seattle Rain Festival - September Through May."

Underneath that, in smaller type, it said "SH - Save Her."

Yup. That looks like home.
That little valley was home while growing up, most of it has overgrown now, cows are no more there was about 150 head of milk cows in that little valley, 4 families lived there, now none. just summer homes for Drs and Lawyers out of the city.

Google map " 616 McDonald rd. Hamden"

Last edited:
That little valley was home while growing up, most of it has overgrown now, cows are no more there was about 150 head of milk cows in that little valley, 4 families lived there, now none. just summer homes for Drs and Lawyers out of the city.

Google map " 616 McDonald rd. Hamden"

I've been there!
Not that address, specifically, but on that road. We used to spend time in Downsville and Hawleys when I was a kid. My grandmother had family up in that area, and we would drive back and forth between the two, through Hamden.

I've been there!
Not that address, specifically, but on that road. We used to spend time in Downsville and Hawleys when I was a kid. My grandmother had family up in that area, and we would drive back and forth between the two, through Hamden.
We lived about a mile off The Downsville to Hawleys rd on what is now known as the McDonald rd.

If I ever leave Tennessee, I will likely move back to Texas. Neither of which has state income tax...

I enjoyed upstate NY and the people I met there. Other than they talked funny and severe cold winters, it reminded me a great deal of where I grew up in MO, AR, TN tri-state area. After 22 years in the Army, I learned I can survive anywhere, but there are some places I much prefer to be.

OBTW Boys and girls this is NY. ... too...View attachment 62565

Upstate is really a great place to fly, very nice place for floats, low cost of living, friendly people, but it is still in NY and anything linked to the government up here is REALLY bad.

If TX had the same landscape and rivers and lakes and what not I'd move in half a second.

I just don't understand how people can be so obsessed by politics that they judge an area or a city based solely on the political leanings of people who live there. :rolleyes1:

Because NY is always in your business, I doubt you can make it one day without breaking some crazy law, the NYSP are everywhere, even a major presence in places with no real crime and like to make their presence felt, I've lived abroad and also in places like CA, and even CA with its crazy laws doesn't go as far as to actively enforce the crap out of them as NY. In some ways it's probably like what it feels like to live in a prison. Shame too because it really is a pretty state.

Last edited:
Back