What are the perfect buns?

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
As a counterpart to the sloppy joe thread a discussion of buns is required. I believe shape and texture are important. Seeds such as poppy or sesame are quite optional. Fancy dough twists can be distracting...

Careful poppy seeds will make your pee test positive :eek:

Buns for what? It makes a difference.

How does one identify which poppy seeds are careful and which are careless?

Well in context, the buns need to be soft in order to work properly with sloppy joes. A hard kaiser roll just doesn't work with a paste like filling.

Note the comment about counterpart to the sloppy joe thread please.

Dunno if you noticed or not, but the thread this is supposedly a "counterpart" to has drifted, almost from the start. Thread title is "What are the perfect buns?" and not something more specific like "What are the perfect sloppy joe buns?", so a -reasonable- person might conclude that hey, since it's hangar talk, and since the thread title is so general and since we're talking food recently, let's talk about buns.

Dunno if you noticed or not, but the thread this is supposedly a "counterpart" to has drifted, almost from the start. Thread title is "What are the perfect buns?" and not something more specific like "What are the perfect sloppy joe buns?", so a -reasonable- person might conclude that hey, since it's hangar talk, and since the thread title is so general and since we're talking food recently, let's talk about buns.
No logical person would ignore the clear reference to the sloppy joe thread. Your logic is clearly flawed and you have disqualified yourself from any further discussion.

I'll take anything I can put on a Hawaiian Sweet Roll any day!

kings-hawaiian-sweet-rolls-92880.jpg

I'll take anything I can put on a Hawaiian Sweet Roll any day!

kings-hawaiian-sweet-rolls-92880.jpg

See, you can't use those for sloppy joes. They're too small. You can put butter on them and maybe some folded cold cut meat but that's about it.

Oh and pate. Payte, not pat-ay. You can put that stuff on those tiny Kings rolls. And Deviled Ham. But a worthy amount of sloppy joes will just fall out.

I don't know how to answer your question, but I do know of an anaconda who is an expert on bread.

aPDPDEK_700b.jpg

He said he don't want none unless you got buns, hun.

Why they actually HAD to is a mystery. Its about airflow, treadmill would only increase the speed of the wheels.

No logical person would ignore the clear reference to the sloppy joe thread. Your logic is clearly flawed and you have disqualified yourself from any further discussion.

lol. relax bun boy.

As a counterpart to the sloppy joe thread a discussion of buns is required. I believe shape and texture are important. Seeds such as poppy or sesame are quite optional. Fancy dough twists can be distracting...
The last perfect buns I saw, she was about 18 maybe 20

Lots of booze makes a difference in selecting buns. If there is no booze consumed you may be denied access to the buns for your enjoyment. I like a more shapely bun with a firm but supple inside texture. You may need to "butter your tool" to open the bun but once safely inside you should be good to deposite your filling. If not then refer to the first sentence and try again. I would also strongly suggest you never use the word "sloppy" when referring to someone's buns. One other thing, it helps to keep it between the buns if it is a firm texture, a nice hard pack of filling. If it isn't then you had excess of the booze.

I had Sloppy Joe on frozen waffles. I think. . .I was missing a shoe, a shirt sleeve, and a pint of blood. Anyway, it smelled like Sloppy Joe. Or dirty socks - basically, all barbecue-like preparations smell like dirty docks. Especially in Baja Oklahoma. Her name was Esmerelda. Or, I wanted it to be. . .she had a great smile, but no buns. No burger buns, I mean. . .therefore the waffles, but no toaster. Dropped me at the main gate after; I still have the scar.

I think a nice Brioche would be best. . .

I had Sloppy Joe on frozen waffles. I think. . .I was missing a shoe, a shirt sleeve, and a pint of blood. Anyway, it smelled like Sloppy Joe. Or dirty socks - basically, all barbecue-like preparations smell like dirty docks. Especially in Baja Oklahoma. Her name was Esmerelda. Or, I wanted it to be. . .she had a great smile, but no buns. No burger buns, I mean. . .therefore the waffles, but no toaster. Dropped me at the main gate after; I still have the scar.

I think a nice Brioche would be best. . .
This sounds like a good night out! You should enlighten us to it sometime, sound like our typical night out when we came back from offshore.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
As your attorney I advise you to start drinking heavily.

I've not been the same since my avatar stopped animating. :(
It's not the avatar, it's that Nicki Minaj **** you've gotten yourself caught up in. Give up that stuff son, it'll kill ya quick.

Nauga,
who misses the avatar too

As your attorney I advise you to start drinking heavily.

It's not the avatar, it's that Nicki Minaj **** you've gotten yourself caught up in. Give up that stuff son, it'll kill ya quick.

Nauga,
who misses the avatar too

Wait...Nicki Minaj?

Ooohhhh no. Didn't know she did a song sampling Mix-a-lot - just watched the first 30 seconds of it and I think I will take your advice on the drinking.

If I ever start quoting Nicki Minaj you have my full permission to end me. Not even drugs could bring me to do that.

Last edited:
Back