What a Sweet 16

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Anyone else agree that this has been the most exciting Sweet 16 in recent memory?

I've never seen so many close games. In fact, today, the only game that wasn't close was the George Mason vs. Wichita State game.

I'm still salivating.

SkyHog said:
In fact, today, the only game that wasn't close was the George Mason vs. Wichita State game.

I'm still salivating.

Well, that and Memphis kinda wasn't really in it even though the score was close. How about those LSU Tigers? What a game!

I typically don't pay attention to the playoffs, but this year they've been impossible to ignore. Fantastic games this weekend. Even if you had nothing vested in either team, the basketball was great. Well matched teams. Bring on next weekend!

I LOVE IT! Out of the 4 teams I picked in my draft George Mason is the ONLY one left.

AdamZ said:
I LOVE IT! Out of the 4 teams I picked in my draft George Mason is the ONLY one left.

You actually picked George Mason to the Elite 8?

Wow. Good call.

SkyHog said:
You actually picked George Mason to the Elite 8?

Wow. Good call.

How about GMU beating UConn??? WOW.

wsuffa said:
How about GMU beating UConn??? WOW.

Absolutely Amazing. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time in history that the final four is comprised of NO number 1 teams.

This has to be the most exciting NCAA Tournament in history.

2nd time. It happened in 1980 when Louisville won it.

ps. My Dad actually called me from the road to tell me about GMU. It's a standard Dad conversation topic: how basketball is doing (high school and college) and "how's the car running".

April 1 vs. Florida. Look folks Since GMU beat U Conn there is NO reason they can't win the entire dance.

AdamZ said:
April 1 vs. Florida. Look folks Since GMU beat U Conn there is NO reason they can't win the entire dance.

Right now, my money would be on LSU to win the whole thing, but you are 100% correct, there is no reason that George Mason cannot win the entire thing. They have been playing great basketball, and have definitely validated the selection commitee's choice.

I WANT George Mason to win the tournament. How exciting would that be?

I would actually put my $$ on Florida at this point. But then again, I only had 1 of my teams reach the Final Four. (UCLA)

Villanova choked. Look at the stats of their two, good, three point shooters. Very poor.

:mad:

Live by the 3, die by the 3! Teams that rely on that to win in the tourney don't normally win it all.

N2212R said:
Live by the 3, die by the 3! Teams that rely on that to win in the tourney don't normally win it all.

I know. I have been thinking that all season. If those guys have one off game, or a team defends well against it, forget about it. And no big man.

Back