What a ride it has been

Again, I wasn't arguing against the free market or in favor of regulation. Just there was an upside to service for customers and assuring for employees.

Airline deregulation hasn't been any panacea. Airline deregulation isn't 100% awesome and 0% negative.
I knew you weren’t. Just adding some perspective. Wasn’t try to put words in your mouth. Apologies if it seemed I was ... as a consumer I’m a huge fan of deregulation. As a soon to be furloughed airline pilot... well that’s more complicated but who’s to say I would have ever been hired in a regulated market. Given a choice I prefer the free market with all of its pimples.

Just like businesses don't exist to serve the best interests of their employees, but rather to exploit them as much as possible for as little cost as possible. There are other highly-industrialized countries where neither of these two things is the case and everyone prospers. Germany is an example. In this country, as with everything else, we live with the biggest extremes at either end. At least we did.

Eh, I wouldn't go as far as to say their interest is to "exploit them as much as possible". Every business has a vested interest in all stakeholders, which includes the employees and the surrounding community they interact with. Some companies are better than others at walking that line between profitability and increased overhead. Unions were a way of leveling the playing field in many industries, especially prior to so many of the employment laws that are on the books (including OSHA/etc.).

Jordan- from a fellow Long Island pilot— hang in there buddy. Seems like the whole airline industry right now is just playing a waiting game and you have a great attitude while all this shakes out. Are you still doing any flight training? It’s a long way from the right seat of a Delta jet or a left seat of a regional jet but was wondering if you are still in that game.

Not touching the political aspect of this thread. Learned my lesson during the COVID threads a while back...

Jordan- from a fellow Long Island pilot— hang in there buddy. Seems like the whole airline industry right now is just playing a waiting game and you have a great attitude while all this shakes out. Are you still doing any flight training? It’s a long way from the right seat of a Delta jet or a left seat of a regional jet but was wondering if you are still in that game.

Not touching the political aspect of this thread. Learned my lesson during the COVID threads a while back...
The last time I gave real instruction was about 2 years ago. Most of the GA stuff I’ve done the past few years were intro flights for friends and Cirrus part 91 flying. You’d probably have to teach me a few things:) I’m not current in single or multi. Hoping for the pilatus gig to get me current again.

IBTL

Don't talk unions (Pro or Con). That's just another form of religion or politics.

Back