What a night last night...

It sounds like you are really having a tough go.

I hope today was better than yesterday and that tomorrow will be better than today.

Are you back in NM? I can't recall where you live...is it Grants or Gallup?

Update:

I woke up around 4am this morning in excruciating pain. My current pain medication could not ease the pain. At 8am I called my doctor and she said come right in.

She gave me a shot of something that would help relax the area of pain. Now I feel like I am melting and sinking into the floor and the pain has eased up a little.

I love living in a small town, but it is also a one horse town. I can't get in to the chiropractor until next Monday.

Damn. Ya got the good sheet, melting and sinking into the floor and your spelling, punctuation and grammar is perfect.

According to this
MTS_st_0.jpg

it will hurt when you hit the ground either way.

It sounds like you are really having a tough go.

I hope today was better than yesterday and that tomorrow will be better than today.

Are you back in NM? I can't recall where you live...is it Grants or Gallup?

Thanks, I am definitely grounded until I am off the pain meds for 7 days according to my AME. Back in NM for the winter, right outside of Gallup.

Damn. Ya got the good sheet, melting and sinking into the floor and your spelling, punctuation and grammar is perfect.

Spelchek can make anyone a good speller, but I have always had goodlier grammar....:)

And thank you all for the well wishes. This just a temporary setback. Hopefully the chiropractor will get things back in line so I can be back in the air by spring.

This is why I have a boom lift / cherry picker (Genie Z80HD) in my back yard - as ridiculous a thing as it may be for a home owner to have.

But Im not getting up on a ladder for Christmas lights and other general roof work No sir.

I even use it to work on areas thats just 10 feet off the ground sometimes (though that has more to do with not trampling a garden bed).

Not a bad idea. I have used ladders all my life - and never had an accident. Used to climb towers as well. However, there is a first time for everything - and I'm
over the hill. A man I knew at work fell out of a tree and messed up his back. Ten or so years later he fell off a ladder and made matters much worse. Got
addicted to the painkillers and drifted off to never-never land. At least he was eligible to retire by then.

Dave

It seems I may have done more damage that originally thought. When I landed after the fall, it appears I dislocated the top two ribs on my left side. They are pushing into a nerve where the nerves split up and go to other parts of my body. That was explained to me by my doctor. At times I get pain on the back of my shoulder, upper inside arm and wrist, and my thumb, index finger and middle finger are numb. The pain can reach about a 15 on a 1 to 10 scale.

I really don't like taking pain medications but sometimes I just can't tolerate the pain.

In other words, it looks like a winter of chiropractor visits and physical therapy.

I really shoulda used a ladder, or got my wife to fix the light.

I fell about 10 days ago and hit something. No broken ribs but my left side still sore.

Something fell and hit me two weeks ago today. A big piece of rough sawn cherry lumber hit the back of my head . . . I'm just now able to get the haircut I wanted back then. Swelling is down, no more blood, not painful to the touch anymore. Ain't life grand?

Back