What a cluster…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Boeing's failings are quality of management related, not quality of engineering related.

I would disagree with you on this... again Starliner as the example, from software glitches that got it got stranded in the wrong orbit, to
corroded valves, blaming the problem on excess water and humidity - the same type of environment that SpaceX and others launch with.

You just have to look at their MCAS system as a engineering disaster of epic portions

I would disagree with you on this... again Starliner as the example, from software glitches that got it got stranded in the wrong orbit, to
corroded valves, blaming the problem on excess water and humidity - the same type of environment that SpaceX and others launch with.

You just have to look at their MCAS system as a engineering disaster of epic portions
In my experience it's the management that sets up a culture where the engineering teams are put secondary to timelines and project managers.

Agree. Somebody writing low level code made a big boo boo. Then it didn't get caught. The higher up the reviews went, the more cursory they were. And no one in mgmt cared that much anyway, would be my guess. Why is another matter.

So is woketude basically a code word for hiring someone who isn't a straight white male? I am seriously trying to understand this.

So is woketude basically a code word for hiring someone who isn't a straight white male? I am seriously trying to understand this.

It's hiring someone with lesser qualifications (and in some cases, not even meeting minimums) over someone with higher qualifications solely for the sake of showing they are promoting diversity and inclusion - not because that hire will bring any benefit to the company other than being able to trot them out and say "look we hired someone who identifies as a panda bear and how awesome are we?" The non-hire doesn't necessarily have to be white, nor male. Whether it happened at Boeing or not, who knows. But it does happen, and it is happening more.

It's hiring someone with lesser qualifications (and in some cases, not even meeting minimums) over someone with higher qualifications solely for the sake of showing they are promoting diversity and inclusion - not because that hire will bring any benefit to the company other than being able to trot them out and say "look we hired someone who identifies as a panda bear and how awesome are we?" The non-hire doesn't necessarily have to be white, nor male. Whether it happened at Boeing or not, who knows. But it does happen, and it is happening more.

I would go so far as saying it doesn't even stop at hiring decisions. The latest government infrastructure funding bill has large set asides for infrastructure that will benefit the "oppressed" and "disadvantaged". I kid you not.

And don't forget health care. Decisions whether to offer you or your children medical treatment depends, in some cases, upon your race and/or ethnic heritage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back