What’s with this Ted fella?

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
Seems to know an awful lot. Not sure he really understands LOP operation though.

Don’t know the Ted fella but I do know in the normally aspirated world LOP=slower and ROP=faster. I may burn a little more gas but I didn’t buy a plane to go slow. :)

Don’t know the Ted fella but I do know in the normally aspirated world LOP=slower and ROP=faster. I may burn a little more gas but I didn’t buy a plane to go slow. :)
It is kinda odd. Buy two thirsty engines to go fast and then run them slow to “save” money.

Ted? Never heard of him.

Well that’s an old subject for rehashing.

If you don't find him here you might find him on a Harley forum or a Landrover forum or a army truck forum....hell...he is probably on every forum :)

I hear that a lot, but I'm going to laugh when I reach my destination first because I flew over you when you stopped for fuel.

I'll probably laugh some more when you're down for engine overhauls and I'm still going... But I'll give ya a ride anyway. ;)

I hear that a lot, but I'm going to laugh when I reach my destination first because I flew over you when you stopped for fuel.

I'll probably laugh some more when you're down for engine overhauls and I'm still going... But I'll give ya a ride anyway. ;)
Ha ha. Okay Mr super Mooney. I hope you have internal ferry tanks in there. I’ll be stopping to get gas around 1100nm with reserve. I’ll wave as you fly over. :)

Reference the overhauls. I’m taking good care of them and they’ll hopefully last another 1000-1200 hours but if not, I’m looking forward to the 550 conversions. Good news is those LOP will be the same speed or faster than I’m going now. I appreciate the ride offer. I’ll start stretching now so I can wedge in there. ;) *Just playing. If I was going to have a single it would probably be an Ovation.

Last edited:
Ha ha. Okay Mr super Mooney. I hope you have internal ferry tanks in there. I’ll be stopping to get gas around 1100nm with reserve. I’ll waive as you fly over. :)

No ferry tanks, but I can go about 1040 nm with full standard tanks LOP with a full hour reserve. If conditions are right, more like 1070... Assuming still air of course, and we all know how often THAT happens.

IIRC your 310 is a Q, right? 1100nm... 183 gallon capacity? (Just a guess, assuming you've got 260hp engines and your total burn is about 30 gph ROP and getting 185 KTAS or so?)

Reference the overhauls. I’m taking good care of them and they’ll hopefully last another 1000-1200 hours but if not, I’m looking forward to the 550 conversions.

The 550 is a great engine. IIRC the conversion is to 550-As with 300hp, right? That would be quite nice...

If I was going to have a single it would probably be an Ovation.

And if I was going to have a twin it'd probably be a 310! :D

Last edited:
Back