Western Long Island, NY

PilotRPI

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
PilotRPI
I've got a friend in western Long Island, NY I haven't seen in a while, and am wondering what airports there are GA friendly in terms of parking fees for half a day and landing fees. I may take him up for a flight and don't want to pay a fortune in landing and parking fees if I can avoid it. Sounds like some airports on the eastern end can get very pricey.

Thanks!

FRG has a lot of GA traffic. Landing fee is $2.50. Not sure of parking fees.

Talon Air at FRG waived parking fees for me on my first visit. Normally $50/night for a single (which is crazy, I won't visit them a second time at that price!) Sheltair parking was $15/night when I checked in march.

I've got a friend in western Long Island, NY I haven't seen in a while, and am wondering what airports there are GA friendly in terms of parking fees for half a day and landing fees. I may take him up for a flight and don't want to pay a fortune in landing and parking fees if I can avoid it. Sounds like some airports on the eastern end can get very pricey.

Thanks!

Look into KISP( Islip). There are many FBO's and it's pretty centrally located almost in the center of Long Island. It's a class C airport but is really no big deal. I have heard of a landing fee but honestly don't know. I'm sure te FBO could tell you.

The most popular FBO at Islip for smaller GA planes is probably Mid Island Air Service. I'd give them a call and ask!

Back