Well, this looks like fun...

Chip Sylverne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Quit with the negative waves, man.
What's the over /under on TFR busts this weekend.Screenshot_20221006-090733_Avare.jpg

I'm just noticing the funky shaped TFRs. To the plane's right, you have a couple of scalloped edges, and then to the northeast of that one, you have scalloped edges and one that doesnt look like it baked the full amount of time and came out wonky.

But yeah, that looks like a map to cause second thoughts about flying that day.

I'm just noticing the funky shaped TFRs. To the plane's right, you have a couple of scalloped edges, and then to the northeast of that one, you have scalloped edges and one that doesnt look like it baked the full amount of time and came out wonky.

But yeah, that looks like a map to cause second thoughts about flying that day.

The scalloped edges are carve-outs for local airports. Yeah, it's wonky allright....

and one that doesnt look like it baked the full amount of time and came out wonky.

That's the "lateral limits of the NEW YORK Class B airspace" that we get all the time around here. So this morning, on the first day of nice weather in a while, I see 4 TFR emails from AOPA (who says they don't do anything for us these days?). Maybe I'll wait a bit to go flying up the Hudson.

They do. If you have ever had the president visit your hometown, you know the SS has no qualms about shutting down major freeways. My question is always, why not a helicopter from point of landing to point of begging for money event?

My question is why don't they just stay in the DC cesspool and leave the rest of us alone to do the real work in this country while they ride the gravy train. Every single one of then doesnt matter D or R they are all a bunch of freeloaders that do nothing but f@ck up everything they touch.

Rant over....

Sorry I'm easily aggravated today:cool:

What's with going to Poughkeepsie?

They do. If you have ever had the president visit your hometown, you know the SS has no qualms about shutting down major freeways. My question is always, why not a helicopter from point of landing to point of begging for money event?

Yep, and the roads are closed for about 1-2 minutes, and not with a 10/30nm radius for a few hours or days.

I finally get good weather after a bunch of cancelled dual sessions and now this... :mad::mad:

That red plane looks like it has a 10nm wingspan. Howard Hughes covets whatever you're flying.

No respect for the GA people who enjoy flying during good weather ,it’s a shame they shut down the northeast for fund raising political events.

yeah, true enough.... but that's more of a microscopic area and a rolling closure just as the VIP passes through (more or less anyway)
and yeah I get it that an area around an even location might be fairly locked down. Say there's a "give me money" speech planned at some stadium...Maybe they might shut down a road or two that passes immediately adjacent the stadium for an hour or two while the event is happening...but safe bet they aren't even shutting down everything in the greater area for hours or even days

No respect for the GA people who enjoy flying during good weather ,it’s a shame they shut down the northeast for fund raising political events.
They don't even think about GA. They get told where the TFR goes, and they put it in the system... no cares given.

When Obama would head to Silicon Valley every month or so, some of the local GA airports would basically be shut at times.

I spent a lot longer than that on the GW Parkway waiting for Obama's ride to go by on the DC Beltway - on his way to a MD fundraiser.
We don't have that issue in **** you country. Last time the motorcade came out a south service entrance of the airport. I had to wait 2 minutes until they were out of sight, then they opened the road up. A car with its hazards on will tie up traffic just as much or more on the GW. Don't make it sound like that's the only thing to cause delays.

My question is why don't they just stay in the DC cesspool and leave the rest of us alone to do the real work in this country while they ride the gravy train. Every single one of then doesnt matter D or R they are all a bunch of freeloaders that do nothing but f@ck up everything they touch.

Rant over....

Dont apologize, you’re not wrong. It’s really quite pathetic, really. Most of our “leaders” (of both parties) are nothing more than people who have successfully conned more people into checking a box next to their name than that of their opponent. That’s it. No aptitude test. No background check. No actual accomplishments. Just a better con job than the competition. And for that, they get treated like royalty.

Like George Carlin said-“it’s a big club-and we’re not in it.”

I checked the valid times. The NYC ones are for Thursday. The Camp David one is for Friday, during the work day. The Wilmington one is the fairly normal one for him going home on the weekend.

It was insane when he was VP. He would ride Amtrak home to Wilmington. This would shut down Union Station for 45 minutes to a hour, right at the height of Friday afternoon travel for everyone to get home. Yeah, be like the little people and screw them out of some of their weekend.

It was insane when he was VP. He would ride Amtrak home to Wilmington. This would shut down Union Station for 45 minutes to a hour, right at the height of Friday afternoon travel for everyone to get home. Yeah, be like the little people and screw them out of some of their weekend.
That's weird. Not saying you're wrong but I passed through Union Station (red line) every day during the Obama administration and I don't remember that. Do you mean just the Amtrak lines?

….because they would not be able to give us with the wonderful opportunity for us lowly citizens to be graced with the opportunity to see them drive by.

That saves us from having to bow down as they pass by though.

Last edited:
That's weird. Not saying you're wrong but I passed through Union Station (red line) every day during the Obama administration and I don't remember that. Do you mean just the Amtrak lines?

SURELY he would have never done anything like pinecone described! I’m sure that pinecone just made it up.:rolleyes:

Rant over....

Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

My question is why don't they just stay in the DC cesspool and leave the rest of us alone to do the real work in this country while they ride the gravy train. ...
Because they want to make it easy on the Illuminati they beg from. The rest of us peons do not factor into the equation.

Another reason they don't stay in DC is while the DC area has the RICHEST zipcodes in the nation, it is a sink not a source. It sucks vast amounts of money from the great unwashed and redistributes most of it back to the Illuminati. When the rest of us can't produce enough coin for their schemes, they simply print more.

yeah, true enough.... but that's more of a microscopic area and a rolling closure just as the VIP passes through (more or less anyway)
and yeah I get it that an area around an even location might be fairly locked down. Say there's a "give me money" speech planned at some stadium...Maybe they might shut down a road or two that passes immediately adjacent the stadium for an hour or two while the event is happening...but safe bet they aren't even shutting down everything in the greater area for hours or even days
Really? Try traveling through Seattle when the SS shuts down both directions of I-5 and SR-520. Even if the actual closure is "only" an hour, it adversely affects traffic ALL DAY. It takes a 20 mile backup hours to clear.

Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Not only can you subscribe, but you can be subscriber #1 Just keep in mind the content will be worth exactly what you pay for it....

Do forget to like and share and ring the bell for notifications on future videos.... I think thats how that goes :)

We have interlocking TFRs from Maryland to Connecticut this weekend. It's really getting out of hand.

All this complaining ... not one of you has been thankful that the Disney TFRs have kept you safe :confused: ... maybe that should be PFR for Permanent flight restriction :eek::(

Yes, the closed all access to ALL tracks for about a hour each time. Right as about a half a dozen trains leave.

No effect on Metro, he was not that much of a little person. He came by motorcade.

Yes, the closed all access to ALL tracks for about a hour each time. Right as about a half a dozen trains leave.

No effect on Metro, he was not that much of a little person. He came by motorcade.
I see. Makes sense

Edit - makes sense what you said. Not that he had to close the rails for an hour each time

We have interlocking TFRs from Maryland to Connecticut this weekend. It's really getting out of hand.

Nope, NYC ones are gone. Camp David one will go away about 4PM

Nope, NYC ones are gone. Camp David one will go away about 4PM
Horrible timing for me. Had a dual session planned at FDK just before that :(

I've had horrible luck with cancellations lately for various reasons. And for a weekend warrior like me, it makes a big impact

Back