Well it bugs me but not enough to fix yet

We're (slowly) working on getting LED replacements approved. Probably won't bother to finish until our annual in December.

The options for replacing it kind of suck, though, because the autopilot depends on it. So, G5 AI won't do us any good unless we also replace the KFC 150 with a G500. Getting it overhauled would be $6K. We could replace it with a KI-300 for maybe $9K, but that's really nothing more than a G5 with the ability to drive the autopilot, so it's horrendously overpriced and probably still not shipping. Aspen is $12K and I'm not very confident that they're going to be around much longer unless they come up with something big by Oshkosh this year.

Hopefully you'll share the LED replacement for those recognition lights. I mean I never use mine, but it would be nice to have the non-melting option.

For mine I'm waiting for the GFC500 and a pair of G5. No reason for a TXi or an Aspen to keep the KAP(in my case) alive. I'm also looking forward to shoving all the vacuum system in the garbage, or ebay. My backup AI that's going in right now is an RC Allen 2610, not the P model needing a pitot/static connection, with their ESP, formerly had a MidContinent electric for a backup but with no battery. You might check around to local shops, one of the avionics shops has told me they have removed King AIs basically sitting on the shelf that they'd sell me for a nominal fee(or maybe just installation).

Ive got a tach needle bouncing that I’d like to get squared away. Bounces significantly after startup, but once inflight, only about 100 rpm or so. No engine/prop surging, the cable has been inspected with no loose wires/fraying/snags and has been lubricated, so it must be the gauge needing overhauled. Probably wait until later this Fall, well-after the annual in 2 weeks.

I also have shoulder harnesses needing installed and some new blank off plates for the landing gear wells, but those will have to wait too.

Ive got a tach needle bouncing that I’d like to get squared away. Bounces significantly after startup, but once inflight, only about 100 rpm or so. No engine/prop surging, the cable has been inspected with no loose wires/fraying/snags and has been lubricated, so it must be the gauge needing overhauled. Probably wait until later this Fall, well-after the annual in 2 weeks.

I also have shoulder harnesses needing installed and some new blank off plates for the landing gear wells, but those will have to wait too.
I forgot about it, but I have that problem too. It bounces mostly at low rpms, and after the engine has gotten nice and warm. I've been told there is no way to correct the problem short of replacing the gauge, but I wonder if an instrument shop might be able to do something with it by another overhaul. One of these days I'll get sick enough of it to do something about it... maybe this winter.

I just thought of another one. Gear pucks.

Mooneys have weird landing gear. It's trailing link, which is generally helpful, but instead of oleo struts, it has "shock discs" which are made by Lord (same company that makes motor mounts, and these are similar). It's like a hockey puck with a hole drilled in the middle and giant metal washers glued to the faces. There are stacks of four of them on each main, and a stack of three on the nose, so 11 in total.

Last year at annual, we were quoted something like $160 each for them. :hairraise: I talked them into signing it off without replacing them, with the promise that I would procure some and we'd do it this year. Well, Oshkosh does have specials, and I was able to get a set from Spruce for $106 each. Still pricy for what it is, but much better than the quote from before!

#%$**(#$% rudder on a CAP 172 was so badly mis-rigged it wasn't safe for IFR. I wrote that sucker up every effing time I flew it, over two years, then stopped flying the #$#$%% thing. I mean it took a LOT of left rudder to center the ball,but it was several more years till it was fixed - someone got befuddled under the hood on a check ride, and happened to be in the GOBN, and that got it attention, finally. I truly hated that pig . . .180P conversion that couldn't climb worth spit, flew sideways, DF antenna mounts broken and swinging in the relative wind, seats crushed from morons fastening belts and pulling them tight on post-flight, and the radios were Hell - if you ever used an older HF, you know what the static was like. Just bad chemistry between me and that airplane, so we broke up.

#%$**(#$% rudder on a CAP 172 was so badly mis-rigged it wasn't safe for IFR. I wrote that sucker up every effing time I flew it, over two years, then stopped flying the #$#$%% thing. I mean it took a LOT of left rudder to center the ball,but it was several more years till it was fixed - someone got befuddled under the hood on a check ride, and happened to be in the GOBN, and that got it attention, finally. I truly hated that pig . . .180P conversion that couldn't climb worth spit, flew sideways, DF antenna mounts broken and swinging in the relative wind, seats crushed from morons fastening belts and pulling them tight on post-flight, and the radios were Hell - if you ever used an older HF, you know what the static was like. Just bad chemistry between me and that airplane, so we broke up.

May it be made into beer cans.

Back