Well, I puked on my checkride...

Congratulations on passing, but to be the solitary negative person; if you had to hand control to another person (the DPE), I'm surprised he passed you. What if you'd been solo or with non-pilot passengers and had nobody to hand control to?
But he chose the safest possible alternative at the time. How can he fail him for that?

SWhat if you'd been solo or with non-pilot passengers and had nobody to hand control to?
He has 2 options:
Autopilot
Land immediately

BTW, open and point the fresh air vents to your face if feeling sick.
Some planes have better ventilation than others, make that a priority if you buy a plane.

Nice job Dane! Good presence of mind and great job regrouping and finishing strong!

Im at DTO with @AggieMike. After you zoom around in the 182 with him, we'll go zoom around in the 210

Nice job Dane! Good presence of mind and great job regrouping and finishing strong!

Im at DTO with @AggieMike. After you zoom around in the 182 with him, we'll go zoom around in the 210
149G is on the menu for August!

even Chuck Yeager Puked, once in a while...And he had the right stuff (well, some of it is in a bag now)...

Here's a good one: I don't think a DPE can fail you if you puke on him.
I mean, after that happens, he'll very likely FIND a reason to fail you, but throwing up isn't one of them.

Of course the examiner might have just passed him instead of risking a repeat performance on the do over with the possibility of actually getting puked on the second time. :D

Back