Welcome to PoA

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
We occasionally get a new member on the board who asks a question that hits a nerve. Like, it seems s/he is asking for a handout or something else that is unreasonable.

I understand trying to make it clear that we are not in the business of handing out largesse. I understand we don't want to encourage foolishness.:nono:

But, is it asking too much to be civil and welcome such a person before flaming them?:mad2:

Hear! Hear! It needed to be said.

Bob Gardner

But, is it asking too much to be civil and welcome such a person before flaming them?:mad2:

Now myself and the rest of the new members are going back through our posts making sure we aren't asking for a handout.

Please post a quote of when we weren't civil to a non-troll newbie? :confused:

I thought hazing newbies was a rite of passage here???

I ran the gauntlet, di-int scare me away...

Peg-

Some folks have become familiar enough with the regulars, that they forget that newcomers are not yet accustomed to the occasionally aggressive stance one can find.

Thnk you very much for the timely reminder!

Seriously though, I have not been here in a few months (kinda forgot about this site) and today as I read some of the posts I have to agree with Aunt Peggy. Some of the responses are rather harsh. We really want newcomers to stay, not run off. Newcomers are our future fellow pilots.

Some of the drivel can drive off old timers too.

I resolve to benasty to newcomers, show em what ga is all about.

Back