Weird looking angled wheels...

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Why? I don't get it. There is too much fail and ugliness to mention. But I see a lot of this.

Nissan-350Z.jpg

Bruh, it’s called stanced, and it helps you grip in those tight turns. Pic show a nice whip but needs a 3’ long tail pipe extension…

Bruh, it’s called stanced, and it helps you grip in those tight turns. Pic show a nice whip but needs a 3’ long tail pipe extension…

That might actually work if they were motorcycle tires, homes.

That much negative camber might be useful for certain tasks.

I think stanced cars look better than donks, which are just trashy af

Guys around here been doing that for years, but usually it’s a S10 with three yards of topsoil in the bed.
That I can respect:D, but intentionally doing that to a truck... tells me everything I need to know about the owner. Ditto for any exhaust tip over 6", and/or big offset wheels with little rubber band tires.

The excessive negative camber is a bunch of morons thinking they are "drifting" like it's Fast & Furious. Just results in going through sets of tires every 10K miles and it handling like crap. The stretched tires (on trucks especially) is another travesty.

As a car guy, I get the "stanced" look. But only when it's properly done. A few degrees of negative camber can have huge performance benefits depending on what kind of driving you're doing. And because of that, it tends to look really good to those who know what they're looking at. But the obnoxious "LOOK AT ME!" crowd took that and ran with it to the extreme, and now we went from mall-crawlers with solid(but unutilized) builds, to "HAR HAR LOOK AT MY 45DEGREES OF CAMBER HATERS," as they snap all four hubs off while traversing a manhole cover.

Same as the donks, same as the carolina squatters and coal rollers, same as the massive rear wings on stock FWD Hondas, same as the ones with limo tint on their windscreen.

The Carolina Squat is the worst offender of them all..! Zero function - 100% "look my truck is broken" look.

If giving your car a stance actually helped with performance I'd have to imagine you'd see this on professional purpose built track cars, which - you don't. At least not to a perceptible degree. But they're not hurting anyone so who cares. We all have hobbies or passions that other people don't understand

I give you 911 gt3rs
upload_2023-5-3_8-50-47.png

I give you Aston Martin Vulcan
upload_2023-5-3_8-51-42.png

I agree and disagree. The amount of useful camber is usually barely perceptible, usually between 1 and 5 degrees. And it all depends on how the suspension is set up, and how it responds to different steering angles.

I also don't care what others do with their cars/money, as long as they're not putting anyone else in danger. However, the ridiculous mods like squatting and 40deg of camber is very often quite hazardous, on top of just looking dumb. Especially when slapped together by teenagers, with the cheapest parts and tools they can afford

Why? I don't get it. There is too much fail and ugliness to mention. But I see a lot of this.

Nissan-350Z.jpg
Did you buy it that way, or do the mod after you bought it? If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for the car/mod?

Lifted vehicles are against the law already in many states (more than 2 or 4 inches depending on the state). It doesn’t stop people from doing it to their vehicles and enforcement is essentially 0.

You are absolutely correct. Kinda like the law against texting and driving ...

Little harder to catch people in the act of the distracted driving. The lifts and squated trucks/rice mobiles are pretty easy to spot.

True enough.

But where I live if you want to know the ones that are texting and driving, it's usually the ones that you have to blow the horn at to let them know the light has been green forever and they can go ... :D

True enough.

But where I live if you want to know the ones that are texting and driving, it's usually the ones that you have to blow the horn at to let them know the light has been green forever and they can go ... :D
Agreed. Honestly I'd rather the traffic cops target the extreme lifts/tires outside the wheel wells/excessive camber vehicles and the texting/distracted drivers more than going after speeding. The people driving 5 or 10 over are generally less of a nuisance to me and others than the people not paying attention or slinging rocks from their 37" all terrains sticking out 6" past the fenders.

Back