Weird Foreflight problem

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
So as of the current version and cycle (v9.5.3) on my iPad2, the Download button no longer works. It's not grayed out, it just does nothing when touched. You can download a chart by selecting it individually, but you can't download the entire set with a single touch. I'm going to email FF support anyway, but has anyone seen this problem before?

So as of the current version and cycle (v9.5.3) on my iPad2, the Download button no longer works. It's not grayed out, it just does nothing when touched. You can download a chart by selecting it individually, but you can't download the entire set with a single touch. I'm going to email FF support anyway, but has anyone seen this problem before?
I just did it and no problem. I'd try a soft reboot of your Iwhatever. Turn it off and then back on.

I just did it and no problem. I'd try a soft reboot of your Iwhatever. Turn it off and then back on.
I tried that, it didn't work. But... about 15 minutes later, after manually selecting about 20 of the downloads, I accidentally brushed the Download button and... it worked! I let it complete, taking GREAT care not to accidentally select Pause. ;) So, not sure what is going on, but at least I got this cycle.

I'll say that this is only on my ancient iPad 2... my iPhone 7 has no problem whatever, so I wouldn't expect anyone to notice the same thing unless they had similarly prehistoric hardware.

Now to email FF...

Brand new IPad pro 10.5 here, I hit the download button and it looked like nothing happened, but then I noticed the 150+ downloads kicking off. It was a little strange, but worked ok so I ignored it. Maybe yours is slower and took longer to work?

I’m pretty sure it didn’t work at all at first. Normally it starts by downloading the stuff at the top, and that didn’t happen until I manually selected them.

That said, it IS very old and slow hardware, so that MIGHT have something to do with it. I’ll wait to see what the support folks say.

Well I've been going back and forth with Tom at ForeFlight. The bottom line is, this is not a known issue and there are no known incompatibilities between iOS 9.3.4 (which is the last iOS upgrade my iPad could do) and recent versions of FF. In fact no incompatibilities between that version of iOS and any planned FF upgrades for the foreseeable future. So it's a mystery...

So it's a mystery...
giphy.gif

Back