Weather - y'all be careful

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Yikes! A small band of pretty serious junk is coming, guys!

Yeah, I imagine the LiveATC.net thing is going to get quiet for a while, guys. Felix and I just landed from a Bonanza run to Flippin and Mountain Home for Poker Run cards, and the weather on the 396 is getting close. I'm wondering if Lance Flynn is going to make it here before it hits.

Yeah, I imagine the LiveATC.net thing is going to get quiet for a while, guys. Felix and I just landed from a Bonanza run to Flippin and Mountain Home for Poker Run cards, and the weather on the 396 is getting close. I'm wondering if Lance Flynn is going to make it here before it hits.

That's what I've been watching. He looks to be about 50 miles out right now, but the storms are about 10 miles out. Yikes!

That's what I've been watching. He looks to be about 50 miles out right now, but the storms are about 10 miles out. Yikes!

Well, if he can do a bit better than 300 knots in that Mooney, he'll beat it. The first part of it is just rain. Hopefully he gets in ahead of the core of it.

Looks like the worst weather in the country is headed your way, if it isn't there already. Hope you all are tied down well.

Well shoot, Nick, what do we do now!? We can't live vicariously through LiveATC right now.

I suppose I could try to get more work done..... *sigh*

Well shoot, Nick, what do we do now!? We can't live vicariously through LiveATC right now.

I suppose I could try to get more work done..... *sigh*

LOL, no kidding. But for me, its "I could try to get some work done :D

Oh, I just missed getting (on video) the coolest weather thing I've ever seen!!

The river was full of fog, and these dark clouds were moving in... then the gust front hit, and "bulldozed" the 5 foot fog layer into a 20-30 foot fog wall and blew it down the river..... which is now fog free.

You all are kinda in the "poo".......nothing real serious though. Time to break out the cards and the "bev's". :thumbsup:

Pathetic how we watch you all have fun.........it really is.:rofl:

Wow.. That's a nasty hook going on down north of Little Rock. Looks like a LONG night for western TN/N MS and NW AL.

attachment.php

Attachments

• WX_1.JPG
    WX_1.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 116
The skies are beginning to lighten now, as is the rain. Got a lot of rain. No idea how the runway is. I'll let our test sled guy (Ed) or others report.

No hail?........Good, nothing worse than "cottage cheese" on an airplane.

Glad all is good. You all sure have been entertaining for our family. Take care.

No kidding. Got to love the modern technology that allows us geeks to do this, though.

Who you call'n a geek! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, yea......me.........hit the nail on the head.:D

We missed the hail and winds. 85mph gusts to the W and SW, 2.25" and 4" (yes FOUR) hail to the south. Not a single pellet here though.

We missed the hail and winds. 85mph gusts to the W and SW, 2.25" and 4" (yes FOUR) hail to the south. Not a single pellet here though.
Good deal...that would have been a mess...

I was thinking how would a person protect a plane on the ramp from hail...

For 9-10 months of the year it's painful to pay the monthly rent on the hangar. And then comes May, June, July and I remember why....

Denver area has had major storms and tornadoes every day for the past week, and it continues into the coming week. It was so bad today that I didn't make it home before the really bad storm hit, and had to hide under the drive-thru canopies at one of the local banks to avoid the hail and drenching rain.

It's been "Where's Tornado?" every day. They congregate in a different part of the Front Range every day. Today was the northwest (not quite as far as Boulder) while a few days ago, it was in the extreme SE of the area.

Back