Weather is sub-optimal

Not a bad way to spend some time, I needed the smile!

I hear ya @Shepherd. This weekend was my first open weekend where I could have flown. Except the weather was 1300 OVC both days in up and down fog and mist.

I know that’s “beautiful VFR weather” for our midwestern brethren, but the airport was abandoned all day yesterday while I cleaned the airplane belly. At least that’s done.

Today was Mexican for lunch and the big every couple of weeks grocery shopping trip. Fridge is full. Pot roast for this week is in the oven, as were three Parmesan chicken cutlets which are now in their lunch containers in the fridge. Being lazy, there’s some pre-packaged salads in there to go with stuff or stand alone with some good looking hard salami from the deli.

Big dog had an accident in the house while we were away. My wife is a saint to have jumped in and cleaned up the mess and ran the carpet cleaner while I put the groceries away. No idea what he got into but 85 lb dog accidents are no joke on the rare occasion they happen.

He moped around for an hour like he was in trouble or was just disappointed with himself or whatever. We didn’t scold him or even look cockeyed at him. Wasn’t his fault.

So yeah. No flying. I did start and taxi the airplane just to see if the battery was holding up. It is. Clock is losing time in the dash so we’re wondering if it’s voltage sensitive, but it’s more likely that it’s just a 43 year old clock that was a POS back when it was first installed in 1975. LOL.

Work looks like it’ll be a PITA again this week. Also starting to look like I’m going to miss the deadline and have to retake the CFII written.

Oh well. Crap happens, as evidenced by the dog ANd the weather AND the schedule.

Back