Brilliant!

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
I went over to the FBO today and there was a stir around one of the rental C-172's. A dozen people, several of whom were nicely dressed, just hanging around and under the 172. The guys at the desk said "Yeah, one of our student pilots just got engaged over there." Several jokes ensued.

But later, as I was thinking about it, I realized the husband-to-be has some serious game. I mean, he got engaged at the airport. How can his bride ever push back against his aviation activities going forward?

Dude nailed it! <And yes, this is a potential double entendre'>

My wife and I had our reception at the airport.

I mean I worked there, so why not..??

Better than, "the engine is running rough, we might have to ditch, can you get me the checklist from under your seat?"

With a 50% chance of divorce, he will probably be served divorce papers at the airport too.

DSCN1746.JPG

UPDATE:
I took Mrs Shepherd up in the Cub this morning.
Perfectly calm on the ground. Above the trees it was continuously bumpy.
Mrs. Shepherd likes the Cub even less than the last two planes.
While we were rolling to a stop she accidentally stood on the left rudder pedal and ground looped the airplane. We were going pretty slow, so just some drama.
Now she REALLY dislikes the Cub.
I'll be flying solo in the Cub until a different plane comes along.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Back in the early 1980s a pilot friend was planning his wedding day. I was a partner in a Cherokee 140, and he asked if I would fly him and his new bride the 12 nm from Van Nuys to Santa Monica, to evade rowdy well-wishers who would have tried to follow them.

I got the airplane decked out with paper decorations, and made sure the fuel level was appropriate for the trip, but no more. I figured they'd change clothes at the church before coming to the airport. Nope, they showed up with him in tux and her in her full wedding gown. Somehow we got them into the back seats, while her brother rode shotgun.

View attachment 63250

UPDATE:
I took Mrs Shepherd up in the Cub this morning.
Perfectly calm on the ground. Above the trees it was continuously bumpy.
Mrs. Shepherd likes the Cub even less than the last two planes.
While we were rolling to a stop she accidentally stood on the left rudder pedal and ground looped the airplane. We were going pretty slow, so just some drama.
Now she REALLY dislikes the Cub.
I'll be flying solo in the Cub until a different plane comes along.
I love it when a plan comes together.
I’ll take the cub since you don’t need it anymore.
J/k

I’ll take the cub since you don’t need it anymore.
J/k

Nope. Her exact words were: "You can fly anytime you want, without me."
She just doesn't like little airplanes.
She's also not a huge fan of big planes, either.

[QUOTE="cgrab, post: 2523120, member: 18967""the TSA requires that I frisk you before you get in my plane"[/QUOTE]

I will be using this soon w/ new GF

Nope. Her exact words were: "You can fly anytime you want, without me."
She just doesn't like little airplanes.
She's also not a huge fan of big planes, either.
That's my home situation as well.

Actually a pretty neat idea if the two parties are both aviation enthusiasts. A lot of women these days want elaborate ceremonies at venues that just about rob the piggy bank, I guess it's a good thing the bride's family is responsible for flipping the bill on the wedding and the groom just has to take care of the honeymoon. I kid I kid. ;)

Anyway, I like it. Cool, and congratulations to the couple to be.

Actually a pretty neat idea if the two parties are both aviation enthusiasts. A lot of women these days want elaborate ceremonies at venues that just about rob the piggy bank, I guess it's a good thing the bride's family is responsible for flipping the bill on the wedding and the groom just has to take care of the honeymoon. I kid I kid. ;)

Anyway, I like it. Cool, and congratulations to the couple to be.

Do you know why the father of the bride cries at the wedding ceremony? Because he's just seen the final bill! :D

Father of 1 bride, who exercised her mother's sense of economics and thrift to pull off a beautiful wedding at a fraction of the going rate.

Back