We have a tail number!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
Our Robinson dealer just told us that our Raven II has been assigned N3149L :yes:

We currently expect N3149L to be born in the first two weeks of September :D

:heli:

Congratulations! I'm sure she'll be beautiful...

FiftyFour said:
Kinda like an ultrasound when you are expecting a new kid huh?
I'll buy that one... We knew there was a pregnancy when we got a serial number a couple of months ago ;)

We need to avoid the "wife getting crabby" comments. :D

Just a thought, but did you consider getting a custom number? Perhaps one with your initials, or whatever? For example: 321BB (provided it's available). Now's the time, before the paint goes on.

RotaryWingBob said:
I'll buy that one... We knew there was a pregnancy when we got a serial number a couple of months ago ;)

well it is better that it was planned vs, the phone call.

"Honey.. I have something to tell you.... You know the GPS you wanted, well that is expensive, and well, we need to save some money....."

loubetti said:
Just a thought, but did you consider getting a custom number? Perhaps one with your initials, or whatever? For example: 321BB (provided it's available). Now's the time, before the paint goes on.

Yeah Bob, you can download the HUGE database and find one that's open, or check the FAA website. It's $10 or so to keep on on hold.

Four Niner Lima isn't bad though!

loubetti said:
Nice suggestion, but I'm not sure my partners (RG, DR and BR) would agree ;)

RotaryWingBob said:
Nice suggestion, but I'm not sure my partners (RG, DR and BR) would agree ;)

Is it registered in a Corp? Maybe a "play" on the corporate name would satisfy the partners? At least it would be better than the one issued from the factory.

C-1 PILOT said:
Is it registered in a Corp? Maybe a "play" on the corporate name would satisfy the partners? At least it would be better than the one issued from the factory.
Possible. I'll give that some thought. Thanks.

It's too bad we cant have 5 alpha charatcers in a tail number

"Robinson Foxtrot Uniform Delta Hotel Sierra request ADIZ penetration."

N2212R said:
It's too bad we cant have 5 alpha charatcers in a tail number

"Robinson Foxtrot Uniform Delta Hotel Sierra request ADIZ penetration."

LMAO! :D

RotaryWingBob said:
We currently expect N3149L to be born in the first two weeks of September :D

:heli:

Congrats! Have you all decided on an name yet? ;)

Bill Jennings said:
Congrats! Have you all decided on an name yet? ;)
In this partnership, in other partnerships, or solely owned, we have (collectively):

R22
Archer II
Malibu
Sukhoi
RV-6
J-3 Cub
R44 (soon)

None of which have names! So I guess 49L will go unnamed as well...

Back