We got some bad news.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
We got the news yesterday that my wife, Essie, has cancer. It is called Multiple Myelomia, and is a cancer of the bone marrow. She will have to go through chemo treatments. This is why we had to call our Phoenix trip off so she can go through the treatments here in the Portland area.

I posted this on another board but we have friends on this board as well. So I wanted to post it here.

We got the news yesterday that my wife, Essie, has cancer. It is called Multiple Myelomia, and is a cancer of the bone marrow. She will have to go through chemo treatments. This is why we had to call our Phoenix trip off so she can go through the treatments here in the Portland area.

I posted this on another board but we have friends on this board as well. So I wanted to post it here.
Awww, Bob, I'm sorry to hear that. :( How is she taking the news? I wish her the best. She is lucky in that she has you by her side to help her through this. We'll be thinking of you both.

Ugh. Good luck to the both of you.

So sorry Bob ........... that's a bummer. But like Diana said .... she has you and you can keep her strong.

Bob, most of the times with this one we can get a remission that lasts 6-15 years. I wish you and her the best.

That stinks Bob, I HATE cancer but I am glad to see this...
Bob, most of the times with this one we can get a remission that lasts 6-15 years. I wish you and her the best.
I'll will keep you and her in my thoughts for the best outcome.

Last edited:

Uh you sure do have friends here Bob and I assure you all of our thoughts and prayers are with you. I recall that Thalidomide is or was one of the treatments for multiple myelomias and that folks have had good success with it. You have done so much for so many that I'm sure you won't have time to count those that will be there for you. Stay in touch with us!!

And to echo what Scott Said I hate Cancer!!

Bob, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Thinking of you and Essie here in WI.

. . . and so's your pain felt in Maine. Dr. Bruce's advisement is surely encouraging, and worthy of faith and strength.

HR

Another Texas POA member would like you to know that you and Essie are in our thoughts... and Dr. Bruce's post is very encouraging, indeed. Please keep us posted.

Grace and strength to your wife and to you, Bob.

Amen.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Bob. You will both be in our prayers. Now, go be her rock and lift her up so that she can fight like hell.

That's a tough row to hoe, our best wishes and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Best wishes to you both. Very sorry to hear about this.

Bob, From North Carolina Agatha and I wish you and your wife the best. From personal experience we know what you are going through.

Bob, Jessie and I hope beyond hope that this journey will be a successful one for you both. MM came through our extended family last year -- I've got my MM bracelet on as I type.

Bob, we're so sorry to hear this, but between Bruce's note and all the good karma that you've built up over the years, I just know that she's going to beat this! :yes:

Bruce beat me to it, but MM is one of more manageable liquid tumors. Best of luck to you both.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your wife Bob.

best wishes from kansas bob. essie is lucky to have you during this time.

tony & leah

Bob,

You and Essie are in our thoughts here. I hope that it can be successfully put into remission as Bruce suggests.

Keep us informed on her progress. The Big "C" does not mean what it used to.

Last edited:
Best wishes and prayers for you both. I hate cancer and I'm hoping for the best for you.

Damn Bob....sorry to hear it. Good luck with her fight.

Prayers from me too, Bob.

Now you guys go kick this stuff's ***!

Back