We BETTER BBQ!

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Saw SEEEJ Friday (and Saturday?) night!

I managed to get to Milwaukee Avenue right before they closed. You shoulda seen how hard it was to order 20 pounds of Keilbasa without speaking Polish.

We need a grill and charcoal!

Paper plates and plastic utensils. Potato salads, etc.

I should be able to borrow a boiling pot. These are fresh, not smoked.

Attachments

• kelibasaIMG_0025.jpg
    kelibasaIMG_0025.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Mike, we'll make a run to the local grocer on Friday for supplies.
BTW, the snausages look great!

Mike, we'll make a run to the local grocer on Friday for supplies.
BTW, the snausages look great!

Oh, Man o man! :goofy:

I cooked up a link for breakfast. THEY ARE ORGASMIC! Lotsa Garlic! :yes:

I had just bought some smoked ones several weeks back. These fresh ones have much more intense flavor.

I'm just afraid that we'll have to cook them thoroughly. I'll boil them up in the cabin in a big pot before we grill them.

I'm thinking I'll freeze them before packing in the cooler for the long trip down. I hope that freezing doesn't hurt the quality too much.

Saw SEEEJ Friday (and Saturday?) night!

I managed to get to Milwaukee Avenue right before they closed. You shoulda seen how hard it was to order 20 pounds of Keilbasa without speaking Polish.

We need a grill and charcoal!

Paper plates and plastic utensils. Potato salads, etc.

I should be able to borrow a boiling pot. These are fresh, not smoked.

There are so many real polish delis and butchers in the far northwestern suburb and they all speak English making this stuff pretty easy to get. Embrace your new suburban life.

There are so many real polish delis and butchers in the far northwestern suburb and they all speak English making this stuff pretty easy to get. Embrace your new suburban life.

That was my backup plan as I remembered the promise of sausage and the clock on the dash said 8:50PM. I diverted and the sausage shop was open 'til 10.

That was the second miracle. The first was that I remembered.

I only knew of a Russian deli in Wheeling. That would have been where I'd go today. Even that is pretty far.

I wanted to hit MicroCenter. They did close at 9.

I also got the two chairs as the first stop last night. Northbrook turned out to be pretty far.

For a city kid "out there" all is the same. I'm learning that I'm so far "out there" that some "out there" is as far BACK as "out there." Get it?

The current crisis? I don't as of this writing know where the other chairs and the flyties are. Getting old sucks.

Last edited:
Mike,
I saw similar chairs at Costco for $20 today.

Leslie can go by Microcenter and I go by Fry's on my way home. Need me to pick something up tomorrow night?

Need me to bring anything else? So far I have on my list:
- margarita fixings
- frozen water
- WiFi antenna and range extender
- extension cord
- laptop
- aviation movies and "educational" videos
- insect repellent

Mike,
I saw similar chairs at Costco for $20 today.

Leslie can go by Microcenter and I go by Fry's on my way home. Need me to pick something up tomorrow night?

Need me to bring anything else? So far I have on my list:
- margarita fixings
- frozen water
- WiFi antenna and range extender
- extension cord
- laptop
- aviation movies and "educational" videos
- insect repellent

I'm off to Staples (or, ugh, Best Buy) to get a Logitech Web cam that's supposed to work on a Mac. Whatta hassle.

I'm soo freaking tired. Still gotta pack all that crap.

I can bring whatever we need to BBQ, I do believe Gastons has a few grills at the cabins, if not, I'll go buy one.

This sounds great. What can Sue and I contribute to this feast from Gawjah?

Back