Waypoint Fun.... Whatcha Got?

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
YouTube > Google > Apple > Valley > Silicon > eBay > Cisco - glad to see someone at the FAA has a sense of humor...

Capture.JPG

Funny - but why do you suppose they couldn't do "UTUBE", "APPLE", or "GOOGL"? Surely the corporate heads wouldn't launch their copy right / trade mark lawyers at the FAA. (Or, maybe they would....)

Funny - but why do you suppose they couldn't do "UTUBE", "APPLE", or "GOOGL"? Surely the corporate heads wouldn't launch their copy right / trade mark lawyers at the FAA. (Or, maybe they would....)
They already exist as waypoints.

Found another one... Truckin > Tie Dye > Greatful > Deadhead > Hippy > Cosmic.. wonder if there is anything for New Jersey's favorite son Bruce Stinksteen...:p

Capture 1.JPG

Not sure about Bruce, but I think NJ has "BADA" and "BING".

I can just hear the readback on that now...

Kidding aside, I have flown through that airspace many times... the controllers are first-rate.

I always liked the WEEED fix on the WLEEE arrival into AUS. There are couple of other good fix names related to the musician on the arrival as well.

Then up around Michigan, there's the TWIGS fix on Q440. Which isn't too interesting until you cross the next fix, which is BERYS. :)

Back