way too much winter already

That can see them down on the floorboard? C'mon Tommy....
there goes your ability to reason. if you wanted help would you hide? so Why would I stop ?

You are drinking aren't you?
nope, but you must be, because your not even making sense any more, so you try to turn it on me. sorry but that's pretty lame.

They're predicting between 3 and 24 inches here this weekend, depending on the winds over the Great Lakes and which weatherman you trust.

Rich

nope, but you must be, because your not even making sense any more, so you try to turn it on me. sorry but that's pretty lame.

You're not even coherent Tommy boy. Turn to turn in and let the big boys take it from here. Stalking one of perverse pleasures Tommy?

Well hell. Another neighbor has a fire of some sort. Pumper truck and tower truck in front of house. Ambulance in front of my house. The firefolk have airpacks on so it looks to be real. Saw them carry sledge hammer into house so they are chasing the fire. They've left the electricity on in the house.

It's about 5 degrees out now.

Ugh. Hope they're ok.

The burnt house in our 'hood looked pretty sad this morning. Shell is still there. A restoration company had a huge diesel gen parked in the driveway and the garage door open and vehicles everywhere.

Now I did get suckered into the over the phone physical in my shop complete with grabbing my junk and coughing..sigh..:rolleyes:

LOL!!!

You're not even coherent Tommy boy. Turn to turn in and let the big boys take it from here. Stalking one of perverse pleasures Tommy?
Posting stupid stuff again?

Ugh. Hope they're ok.

The burnt house in our 'hood looked pretty sad this morning. Shell is still there. A restoration company had a huge diesel gen parked in the driveway and the garage door open and vehicles everywhere.
Had new drywall going in. Only a sheet or two so obviously a small fire. Pretty lucky for a zero dark thirty fire.

Maybe; the harsh landscape around here also serves as a 'wall' - it kills a few overland travelers every year (this year from dehydration and a rattlesnake bite).

You know, as a naturalized citizen I think others desiring access to the US should have to run through the screening and hoops that I did. I see nothing wrong with it; in fact it is all a very good process. I have spent 25 wonderful years trying to be a very productive citizen in a part of the country which is underserved by my profession. I think some immigration is good when done correctly. So as much as a physical wall is distasteful to many, I still think the US Customs and Border Protection deserves support and facilitation of their important mission.

No,, California transplanted sailors.
They could have been pilots, but How would I know.

No sailor from California in their right mind will stay in the Pacific NW/San Juans at this time of year; the boat is uncomfortably damp ALL the time. More likely grief counsellors from LA hired by the Democratic Party ;)

Maybe; the harsh landscape around here also serves as a 'wall' - it kills a few overland travelers every year (this year from dehydration and a rattlesnake bite).

You know, as a naturalized citizen I think others desiring access to the US should have to run through the screening and hoops that I did. I see nothing wrong with it; in fact it is all a very good process. I have spent 25 wonderful years trying to be a very productive citizen in a part of the country which is underserved by my profession. I think some immigration is good when done correctly. So as much as a physical wall is distasteful to many, I still think the US Customs and Border Protection deserves support and facilitation of their important mission.

My wife came here and went through the process. It took a little while, and thanks to the current squatter of the white house the cost went up over 100%. I think the price to become a citizen should become affordable again. It ain't all rich people coming to the USA.

And thank you for doing it right and becoming a citizen. A belated welcome.!!:)

I don't recall the costs of immigration/naturalization being prohibitive in the least bit when my wife went through it. One does not need to be rich to do it.

It is more than when I did it but here is what the immigration dept says:
https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-apply-for-us-citizenship

There are a few other costs including time away from work, travel etc.
Some people seem to need to hire an attorney to get it done, that can up the cost but not sure which circ's require that.

That is more in line with what I remember we paid when the wife applied for her citizenship. We also paid a couple hundred dollars a few years earlier when she applied for change of status to go from a student visa to a green card after we got married. Of course, we filled out all of the forms ourselves. They are pretty simple and do not need a lawyer.

My wife came here and went through the process. It took a little while, and thanks to the current squatter of the white house the cost went up over 100%. I think the price to become a citizen should become affordable again. It ain't all rich people coming to the USA.

And thank you for doing it right and becoming a citizen. A belated welcome.!!:)

Actually, unless things have changed since I taught citizenship classes, CIS is a self-funded, independent agency of the Federal Government and sets its own fees.

Also, although the fees are hefty, partial, but generous waivers are available to low-income applicants. That I'm sure of.

Rich

Back